Smile.io powers reward programs for 15,000 merchants across the globe by rewarding your customers for completing profitable actions. Reward points are earned with simple actions such as making a purchase, creating a customer account, referring a friend, social sharing, and more.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
- Shopify Checkout Integration merchants must contact Recharge support to have this integration enabled.
Before you start
- Recharge's Smile.io integration for the Shopify Checkout Integration allows merchants to apply the coupon on both checkout or recurring charges through the merchant portal or customer portal. This discount code is limited to a single use.
- Recharge's Smile.io integration for the Recharge Checkout on Shopify only allows merchants to reward customers for their recurring purchases by offering discounts on their next month's payment. Note that the discount code will apply to a customer's next upcoming charge for the associated subscription. It is not possible to stack discount codes and only one code can be applied at a time.
- For security reasons, Smile's rewards widget will work on all pages except the Recharge Checkout page.
Enable Smile.io with Recharge
- Generate a Recharge API token and label it Smile.io. Set the permissions for your token as:
- Discounts: Read and Write access
- Customers: Read access
- Store Information: Read access
Copy the Recharge API token and return to the Smile.io admin.
Click on Apps and select Recharge.
Enter the Recharge API key.
- Click Connect to Recharge.
Create a subscription coupon in Smile.io
- Go to Programs and select Points in the Smile.io toolbar.
- Click Add Ways to Redeem.
- Scroll to the Recharge options and either choose to add a percentage-based or fixed-amount reward.
- Fill out the form with the proper values, such as the Points price, and Reward details.
- Click Create when finished.
Access coupon code
Customers will click on the Smile.io tab on your storefront and the rewards program will pop up. Customers can click on the Spending Points tab or navigate to the Rewards tab and your Recharge Subscription coupon and confirm their purchase. They will be provided a coupon code which they can copy using the clipboard icon.
Apply the coupon
- Redeem points on subscription items from the Smile.io widget.
- Log in to your Shopify account on the website.
- Click on Manage Subscriptions.
- Click on Apply Discount Code and paste the code generated from the Smile.io widget.
- Click Save.
Testing the integration
- Within Smile.io, set up a reward to discount subscription orders.
- On your storefront, create a customer account.
- In Smile.io, go to Customer, click Select customer, and select Adjust points balance. Add enough points to test the discount.
- Using this customer account, spend the points on a subscription product and copy the generated discount code.
- Apply the discount on a new or existing subscription. If you're using the Shopify Checkout Integration, you can also test applying the discount code on a checkout order.
Tiered rewards program
Visit Smile.io's demo store to see a tiered rewards program. If someone is in the higher tier, they can have advanced access to sales and other useful perks.
You can also offer referral links for customers to share with their friends for rewards, such as 10% off their first purchase.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us