Smile.io powers reward programs for 15,000 merchants across the globe by rewarding your customers for completing profitable actions. Reward points are earned with simple actions such as making a purchase, creating a customer account, referring a friend, social sharing and more.
Our Smile.io integration allows merchants to reward customers for their recurring purchases by offering discounts on their next month's payment. Once the Smile.io app is installed to a Shopify store and configured with the integration, a merchant can start rewarding customers for their recurring orders.
Before you start
- Smile.io is available to paid Smile merchants on the Growth plan.
- Please note that the Smile's rewards widget will work on all pages except our Checkout page due to security reasons.
Enable Smile.io with ReCharge
- Generate a ReCharge API token and label it Smile.io. Set the permissions for your token as:
Store Info: Read
Discounts: Read & Write access
Customers: Read access
Copy the ReCharge API token and return to the Smile.io admin.
Click on Settings located at the bottom of the left toolbar. Select the ReCharge tab at the top. Enter the ReCharge API key
- Click Save.
Create a subscription coupon in Smile.io
Note: The subscription coupons only work with recurring subscriptions, not just any Shopify order.
- Go to Spending in the Smile.io toolbar.
- Click Add Rule.
- Scroll to the ReCharge options and either choose to add a percentage-based or fixed-amount reward.
- Fill out the form with the proper values, such as Points cost and Reward value.
- Click Create when finished.
Access coupon code
Customers will click on the Smile.io tab on your storefront and the rewards program will pop-up. Customers can click on the Spending Points tab or navigate to the Rewards tab and your ReCharge Subscription coupon and confirm their purchase. They will be provided a coupon code which they can copy using the clipboard icon.
Apply the coupon
- Redeem points on subscription items from Smile widget.
- Login to your Shopify account on the website.
- Click on Manage Subscriptions.
- Click on Apply Discount Code and paste the code generated from the Smile.io widget.
- Click Save.
Testing the integration
- Within Smile.io, set up a reward to discount subscription orders.
- On your storefront, create a customer account.
- In Smile.io, go to Customer > Select customer > Adjust points balance and add enough points to test discount.
- Using this customer account, spend the points on a recurring product and apply the copied discount code.
- Lastly, apply the discount on a new or existing subscription.
Tiered rewards program
Visit Smile.io's demo store to see a tiered rewards program. If someone is in the higher tier, they can have advanced access to sales and other useful perks.
You can also offer referral links for customers to share with their friends for rewards, such as 10% off their first purchase.