What is Swell?
Swell is pioneering the concept of “incentive marketing” with over 700 global retailers, providing targeted, optimized rewards in exchange for desired behaviors. Swell implements powerful rewards, referral, and affiliate programs for tens of millions of consumers, increasing average LTV and driving incremental revenue thanks to its unique data-driven approach.
- Flexible incentives for recurring orders of all kinds
- Give referrers credit when their friends make their first purchase via ReCharge
- Allow customers to redeem their points for subscription points.
If you use Swell to manage your customer rewards programs, you can use it with ReCharge to offer flexible incentives to customers when they purchase subscriptions or refer friends who do the same!
Make sure you have both Swell + ReCharge already installed in your Shopify store. To get started, just head over to the "Integrations" section of your ReCharge account, and scroll down to the Swell app and click Get. When the popup authorization screen displays, click "Install".
Once the integration has been added to your account, you can simply set up any ReCharge specific coupons as you would a product specific coupon in Swell.
Creating a Recharge specific coupon in Swell
Once you've completed the above steps, head to the Spending Points section of your Swell admin, click on the "Create A New Coupon" button at the top of this section, and select either the "Recharge Fixed Amount" or "Recharge Percentage" coupon from Coupon Type to create a Recharge Specific coupon:
For our Recharge coupons, you'll also have 2 additional parameters to restrict your coupons too.
- You'll be able to select whether you'd like your Recharge coupon to only apply to subscription products only, one time products only, or to both subscription & one time products. We added these options in here since one-time purchase products get pulled into Recharge checkout whenever you have a Recharge item in the cart as well:
- You can also select whether you'd like the coupon you are creating to apply only once to the first charge or you can have it apply to consecutive Recharge charges, effectively creating a recurring coupon:
Once you've made your selections, fill in the rest of the coupon appropriately and you're all set!
When a customer goes to redeem their points for a Recharge specific coupon or receives this coupon directly, they'll be able to apply it to a new Recharge subscription purchase at checkout or to an existing subscription within their subscription portal.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Recharge Integration is available for Gold, Platinum, & Enterprise users*