Yotpo Loyalty & Referrals (formerly Swell) is pioneering the concept of “incentive marketing” with over 700 global retailers, providing targeted and optimized rewards in exchange for desired customer behaviors. Loyalty & Referrals implements powerful rewards, referral, and affiliate programs for tens of millions of consumers which increases the average LTV and is driving the incremental revenue thanks to its unique data-driven approach.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration (merchants must reach out to Yotpo directly to enable this on their store).
Before you start
- This integration is compatible with the Recharge Checkout on Shopify and the Shopify Checkout Integration. If you are using the Shopify Checkout Integration, you must reach out to Yotpo directly to enable this on your store.
- The integration is available for Yotpo Loyalty & Referrals Gold, Platinum, and Enterprise users.
- If you use Yotpo Loyalty & Referrals to manage your customer rewards programs, you can use it with Recharge to offer flexible incentives to customers when they purchase subscriptions or refer friends who can do the same.
Make sure you have both Yotpo Loyalty & Referrals and Recharge already installed in your Shopify store. To get started, click the Integrations tab in the Recharge Dashboard. Locate the Swell (Yotpo Loyalty & Referrals) app and click Get.
When the popup authorization screen appears, click Install.
Once the integration has been added to your account, you can set up any subscription-specific coupons as you would a product-specific coupon in Loyalty & Referrals.
To apply a Loyalty & Referrals credit to products in Shopify without needing to input a discount code at checkout manually, Loyalty & Referrals Rewards will often leverage Shopify Cart scripts to dynamically modify the price of a product but note that Shopify Cart Scripts are not compatible with Recharge at this time. If you'd like to auto-apply a Loyalty & Referrals reward to a cart, we recommend using the Recharge Discount API and passing the discount in the parameter of the URL to our checkout or the checkout API to modify the price of the product instead. Note that both scenarios would require a developer to implement.
- Flexible incentives for recurring orders of all kinds
- Give referrers credit when their friends make their first purchase via Recharge
- Allow customers to redeem their points for subscription points.
Create a Recharge-specific coupon in Loyalty & Referrals
Once the integration is installed, go to the Spending Points section of your Loyalty & Referrals admin. Click on the Create a new coupon button and select either the Recharge Fixed Amount or Recharge Percentage coupon from Coupon Type to create a Recharge Specific coupon.
You can select whether you'd like your Recharge coupon to only apply to subscription products only, one time products only, or both subscription & one time products.
You can also select whether you'd like the coupon to apply only once to the first charge or you can have it apply to consecutive Recharge charges, effectively creating a recurring coupon.
Once you've made your selections, fill in the rest of the coupon parameters until complete.
In addition, you can select whether this coupon should apply to an existing subscription or not - allowing you to reward your existing Recharge subscribers as well!
Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
There is not a Big Commerce integration at this time, however, you can use Yotpo Loyalty and Referrals with Recharge by bulk creating discounts in Recharge, and then bulk import them as custom coupons into Yotpo Loyalty. This way, customers can still redeem points to create coupons/discounts that they can apply on Recharge checkout and customer portal.
When a customer goes to redeem their points for a Recharge-specific coupon or receives this coupon directly, they'll be able to apply it to a new Recharge subscription purchase at checkout or to an existing subscription within their customer portal.
If you have any questions, reach out to the Yotpo support team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us