Increase conversions and maximize a customer's average order value by utilizing CartHook Post Purchase Offers to add post-purchase one-click upsells to your Shopify store. With CartHook, you can easily upsell Recharge subscription products in your checkout.
Before you start
- The CartHook integration is not compatible with Workflows by Recharge or pre-paid subscriptions.
- With CartHook's Post Purchase Offers, you can only cross-sell to add a subscription to an order that includes a one-time product or cross-sell to add a one-time product to an order with an existing subscription.
- The following features are not possible:
- Upsell to modify the subscription in an order that includes an existing subscription.
- Upsell to add a subscription to an order that includes an existing subscription.
- Upsell to add a one-time product to an order with an existing one-time product.
- Upsell to convert a one-time product into a subscription order.
CartHook Post Purchase Offers for the Shopify Checkout Integration
Merchants using the Shopify Checkout Integration can use CartHook Post Purchase Offers to create offer funnels directly in CartHook. Refer to CartHook's Offer Funnel guide for additional information.
Troubleshooting CartHook and the Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Tag one-time products in Shopify
- You must make sure that the original, one-time product found in Shopify is tagged properly with carthook_checkout.
- If you use CartHook Funnels and make adjustments to the Funnel itself in terms of available products, you will need to make the change on your Recharge subscription rules as well so the information is correct on both platforms. As with any adjustments to your checkout funnel, we recommend that you test your checkout flow to make sure it is working correctly.
Shipping zone set up in Shopify
In order for information to be correctly gathered through CartHook's checkout, each country with different address validation methods needs to be set up in a separate shipping zone in Shopify. For example, Canada (which requires a province to be entered) should be in a separate shipping zone from countries that do not have this field.
Once these zones are separated, you'll want to republish all of the funnels in CartHook:
- Click Admin and select Funnels.
- Click Options and select Republish All Funnels.
- Orders created through CartHook that have not yet been processed successfully, will not have their next queued charge date calculated and shown in the customer account. It may appear that the order will not renew but once the charge is successfully processed, a new queued charge date will appear in the customer account.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us