In your ReCharge rulesets, you can specify when a subscription should expire by selecting the number of charges that will process during the subscription cycle. You can also add an expiration to an existing subscription, even if the initial order or ruleset does not have a specified number of charges. This guide provides instructions on adding or removing an expiration from an existing subscription.
Before you start
- Adjusting the expiration on the ruleset itself will not impact existing customers, only new customers. If you would like to update the expiration for existing customers, you will need to follow this guide.
- If you need to update more than 50 customers, you can request a bulk update. For more information, visit Bulk updating subscription products and orders.
Add or remove an expiration
In the example below, a customer's subscription is set to automatically expire after a certain number of charges, but the merchant would now like to update the number of charges or set it to never expire.
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, select Customers.
- Search and select the customer.
- Click on See Details next to the Address ID.
- On the following page, click Edit Recurring Properties.
- In the pop-up window, you will see a dropdown called Number of Charges until Expiration. If you are removing the expiration, select Infinite. If you are adding an expiration or changing the number of charges, select the number of charges that need to process before the subscription will expire.
- Click Save Changes when you are finished.