In some cases, you may need to export the Shopify Variant IDs for your products - for example, when filling out a migration document or when completing a bulk update to update your products. The steps below will highlight how to find the Variant IDs for your products:
- To begin, it is recommended to add the JSON View Extension if using Chrome. The extension can be found here.
- Start with your product link list as found in the Address Bar when viewing your products in the Shopify dashboard. It should have the following link structure:
- Add .json to the end of the URL following 'products':
- You can modify it by adding ?fields=id,handle to show you only the Product ID and product handle:
You can modify it further by adding &limit=250 to make sure the view presents all products in your catalog:
If you have more than 250 products, you will need to append page designations such as &page=2 until all products are accounted for in the JSON view.
- Once all product information is in view, you can copy and paste the JSON data into a free online JSON to CSV convertor tool such as JSON to CSV Converter. This will aggregate the data and provide a .CSV file with the information organized in columns.