To improve the security of our credit card handling, we’ve updated our payment capture forms to support Stripe Elements. Stripe Elements are form fields that are used within our checkout pages, but are hosted externally by Stripe.
- This improves our overall PCI compliance. Since these elements are hosted externally from ReCharge (for Stripe stores), no credit card details hit ReCharge servers.
- Improves alignment with Shopify. They're already using Stripe Elements on their payment forms.
- Real-time validation on credit card entry. The checkout pages will respond faster for common card entry errors, which is a nice customer experience improvement.
- Puts our stores in a better position for SCA as Stripe works on supporting it with Elements.
- This update may affect some custom CSS that targets the payment form elements. During our beta and quality assurance testing, we did not experience any visual changes, but we recommend you review your payment forms for any minor updates that may be required.
- This update only applies to merchants using Stripe as a payment gateway. This will not affect stores using Braintree or Authorize.net.