To improve the security of credit card handling, Recharge has updated the payment capture forms to support Stripe Elements. Stripe Elements are form fields that are used within Recharge Checkout pages but hosted externally by Stripe.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- This improves Recharge PCI compliance – Since these elements are hosted externally from Recharge (for Stripe stores), no credit card details hit Recharge servers.
- Improves the alignment with Shopify – Shopify currently uses Stripe Elements on their payment forms.
- Real-time validation on credit card entry – The checkout pages will respond faster for common card entry errors.
- Puts our stores in a better position for SCA – Stripe continually works on supporting SCA with Elements.
- This update may affect some custom CSS that target the payment form elements – During Recharge beta and quality assurance testing, we did not experience any visual changes. However, we recommend you review your payment forms for any minor updates that may be required.
- This update only applies to merchants using Stripe as a payment gateway – This will not affect stores using Braintree or Authorize.net.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us