Churn Buster reduces customer churn by improving the customer experience when subscription payments are missed.
Before you start
For merchants using the Shopify Checkout Integration, Churnbuster.io can read Recharge's charge or failed webhooks, and send notifications for card decline recovery. However, Churnbuster.io cannot send customers directly to the Recharge billing page, as this is hosted via Shopify.
- Resolve billing issues with branded email campaigns proven to reduce churn.
- Send emails at the right time, clearing more payments with existing payment methods (without demanding action from your customers).
- Improve email delivery rates and monitor email performance.
- Use SMS to reach your customers when emails aren't doing the trick.
- Generate highly predictable returns month after month.
Get started with Churn Buster
- Create a Churn Buster account and follow the prompts.
- Connect using your store name.
- In your Recharge Dashboard, modify your Retry and Notification settings, as outlined in Recommended Recharge settings.
Churn Buster is now set up and monitoring failed payments, prompting card updates at optimal times, and bringing at-risk customers to your attention.
Optional next steps
- Improve email delivery by updating your DNS records, and give yourself the best possible chance of getting to the customer's inbox.
- It is recommended to keep your email customization simple. Let the personality of your brand shine. Churn Buster emails shouldn't be viewed as marketing emails, and you'll have multiple opportunities to get in front of customers. Use this opportunity to connect with customers and improve their experience.
More recoveries and fewer emails
As recovery campaigns begin, performance data is reported in your Churn Buster Dashboard. You can see past-due volume month-to-month, campaigns that are still in progress, and how much revenue has been recovered in each cohort. This is summarized as a recovery rate percentage that stabilizes in approximately 90 days, depending on your payment volume.
You can also see recoveries classified by either Card updates or Retries:
- Card updates - Recoveries that required your customer to take action by putting a new card on file, typically following an email.
- Retry recoveries - Occur when the payment clears using the existing card on file, from repeat attempts, often without having to email a customer. These "soft" declines are typically spending limits, freezes, or other temporary issues.
Churn Buster prioritizes retry recoveries, interrupting customers via email only if needed. Charting also shows how many payments have been recovered from retries before the first email is even sent. This is made possible by a short delay Churn Buster builds into the email schedule.
These are valuable recoveries for your business, as they translate to less cancellation risk, fewer support requests, and a better overall customer experience month to month.
If you have any questions about Churn Buster, reach out to the Churn Buster team.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us