If you require a sandbox environment for a merchant store or you're looking to build a custom application or integration, you will require a developer account. This guide provides the steps for setting up a developer account in ReCharge.
Create a developer account
- Install ReCharge on a Shopify store you plan to use as your test store (not a live store).
- Create a Stripe account.
- Reach out to ReCharge support to enable Developer Tools.
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, click the wrench icon and select General settings.
- Under Developer tools, check the checkbox Change your store to a test store, and input the Stripe test keys from your Stripe account in the available fields.
- Contact the ReCharge team and request the following:
- the API token page enabled
- your ReCharge test account set to a developer account.
- Access the API documentation using an API key generated from your API token page found in your Integrations tab.
Join the Slack group
Optionally, reach out to the ReCharge team if you would like access to our dedicated API Slack group for developers. You can ask questions in this channel directly to the API team and other developers who build off of the ReCharge API.
Performing test transactions
Once your developer account is enabled, you can perform test transactions using test credentials. Use the following information below at the checkout to simulate a successful transaction.
Card number: 4242 4242 4242 4242.
Name on card: Enter at least two words, i.e. Test Transaction.
Expiry date: This can be any date in the future.
CVV: This can be any three digits.