This guide provides troubleshooting tips and solutions for Recharge emails and notifications. For general information and a video visit the Notifications article.
- A customer did not receive an Upcoming Order notification
- A customer is claiming they are not receiving any notifications
- Customers did not receive a cancellation notification after cancelling their subscription
- Customers are not receiving their fulfillment notification emails from Shopify
- Not receiving BCC emails
- DMARC policy
A customer did not receive an Upcoming Order notification
Upcoming Order notifications are sent out a set number of days prior to the order, normally three days but this can be adjusted in your settings upon request. Recharge sends out Upcoming Order notifications daily between 5pm PT and midnight PT.
For a given upcoming order, customers will only receive one notification. If a customer receives this notification and then moves their upcoming charge date ahead, they will not receive a second notification.
A customer is claiming they are not receiving any notifications
If you have these notifications enabled, try the following:
- Customer may have entered in or misspelled their email address. Confirm with the customer the email they registered and check if it matches what is listed in their Customer Account.
- If the email matches, ask the customer to check their spam/junk folder.
- Reach out to the Recharge support team with the customer's email address and we can verify if we received a successful delivery status response.
Customers did not receive a cancellation notification after cancelling their subscription
The subscription cancellation email does not send every time the customer account is canceled. There are a few cases where Recharge will not send the email:
- If the orders within a customer account hit the max retry limit. If Recharge cannot bill the customer and the customer account is cancelled, the customer will not get a notification unless your Max Retry settings are set to cancel and send email.
- If the checkout order was placed in the same day. This is to avoid customers signing up for a prepaid gift subscription from receiving a cancellation email erroneously.
- If the customer still has active subscriptions on file. The notification is only sent when all subscriptions on file are cancelled.
Customers are not receiving their fulfillment notification emails from Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Be sure to check that the fulfillment notification setting is enabled in Settings > Notifications > Additional Settings.
We recommend contacting your fulfillment app and requesting they add an extra API call to their order process to include the following indicators:
Not receiving BCC emails
BCC address cannot be the same as the From: email.
DMARC policy or (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance) is an email authentication protocol. It is designed to give email domain owners the ability to protect their domain from unauthorized use, commonly known as email spoofing. In some cases, the email notifications are not being sent because your store domain has an SPF or DKIM record put in place. This policy essentially blocks certain emails from being sent on behalf of the domain that they are configured on.
To fix, an exception to this policy must be added for the emails to be sent out on behalf of the domain.
You can check if you have added Recharge to your DMARC policy by using one of the various websites designed for this purpose, such as DMARCanalyzer. You can also reach out to us and we can check if the Recharge app is added as the exception to your DMARC policy.
If Recharge is not added as the exception, you can add the following to your DMARC policy:
v=spf1 include:email.rechargeapps.com ~all
In order to add this exception:
- Log in to the Account Control Center (ACC).
- Click Domains.
- Click Manage Your Domain Names.
- Click the domain name that you want to put an SPF record on.
- Click Manage Custom DNS Records.
- Click Add DNS Records.
- Next to Type Of Record, click the drop-down and select TXT.
- Click Proceed.
- Next to Hostname, you may either enter a specific hostname or leave the field empty to create the SPF for the entire domain.
- Next to Text Record, enter the SPF record. This is where you can add the following SPF record:
input v=spf1 include:email.rechargeapps.com ~all
- Click Create Record.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us