The Happy Birthday App allows merchants to create automated birthday campaigns that collect customer birthdates and send out birthday emails containing auto-generated discounts.
Step 1 - Enable the Happy Birthday app
- Install the Happy Birthday app on your Shopify store.
- Once the app is installed, click on the Integrations tab in the Happy Birthday app.
- Click on Enable ReCharge.
- On the following page, click on the two lines of code that are presented. They will automatically highlight. Copy the two lines of code to your clipboard.
- You will also see the default text that will appear on the Birthday Sign-up Form. To change settings, click Configure your ReCharge settings.
Step 2 - Install code on ReCharge
- Open up the ReCharge Dashboard.
- Click on the wrench icon and select Checkout.
- Scroll down until you see the Thank you page section with a field for Additional & scripts and trackers.
- Paste in the 2 lines of code that you copied from the Happy Birthday App.
Note: If you already have code in the Additional & scripts and trackers field, then paste the Happy Birthday integration code after the existing content.
- Once you've pasted those two lines of code, scroll down and then hit Save.
See an example of the Birthday Sign-up Form
The sign-up form is visible on the Order Status page in Shopify right after the thank you message.
In ReCharge, the sign-up form will appear on the Thank You page. It is in a very similar position on the page as it appears on the Shopify Order Status page.
If you need further help on the functions or setup of the Happy Birthday App feel free to contact Union Works.
For more information about the app, visit the Happy Birthday App FAQ.