This guide covers troubleshooting tips for auto-renew products in ReCharge and Shopify. For general information or to watch a video on the topic, visit Auto-renew products overview.
- The thumbnail image is missing on the cart page
- The auto-renew products are showing in my POS system
- The original product was updated but the old product information is showing in the cart
- Auto-renew product titles won't update
- The weight of the original product was updated but the auto-renew product was not updated
The thumbnail image is missing on the cart page
Due to some Shopify limitations, we are unable to duplicate the images from the original product into the auto-renew product, so you may notice the product image is missing on the cart page. In this case, you can manually add the images to the auto-renew product.
The auto-renew products are showing in my POS system
When an auto-renew product is created, the ReCharge app will hide it from your sales channels in Shopify. Due to a Shopify limitation, we're unable to restrict the visibility of the auto-renew products in the POS sales channel. As a result, you will need to manually hide these products.
- Log in your Shopify store and looking at the Products section.
- Filter by auto renew and check off the hidden ones you don't want showing.
- Click Actions and choose Make Products Unavailable.
- Check off Point of Sale to hide it from this sales channel.
The original product was updated but the old product information is showing in the cart
When you make an update to a product in Shopify, you'll want to be sure to sync your product ruleset in ReCharge. This will ensure the new product information, such as price or product title, is reflected in the auto-renew product as well.
To resync products in ReCharge, click on the Rulesets tab and open the associated ruleset. Click either the sync icon next to the product to sync individual products or the Sync all products button on the right.
Auto-renew product titles won't update
Syncing products in your rulesets will only update product title changes if the auto-renew product title has never been changed in Shopify. As soon as the name of the auto-renew product is manually edited in Shopify, syncing will no longer affect it.
To troubleshoot, delete the auto-renew product from Shopify and synching the ruleset again.
The weight of the original product was updated but the auto-renew product was not updated
Updating the weight of the original product will not change the weight of the auto-renew product. You will need to manually update the weight of the auto-renew product. ReCharge does not automatically sync weight changes to the auto-renew product, as some merchants may wish to maintain separate SKUs/weights on hidden products versus original products.