This guide provides troubleshooting tips for common issues related to auto-renew products in Recharge and Shopify. For general information or to watch a video on the topic, visit Auto-renew products overview.
- The thumbnail image is missing on the cart page
- The auto-renew products are showing in my POS system
- The original product was updated but the old product information is showing in the cart
- Auto-renew product titles won't update
- The weight of the original product was updated but the auto-renew product was not updated
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
The thumbnail image is missing on the cart page
Due to some Shopify limitations, we are unable to duplicate the images from the original product into the auto-renew product, so you may notice the product image is missing on the cart page. In this case, you can manually add the images to the auto-renew product.
The auto-renew products are showing in my POS system
When an auto-renew product is created, the Recharge app will hide it from your sales channels in Shopify. Due to a Shopify limitation, we're unable to restrict the visibility of the auto-renew products in the POS sales channel. As a result, you will need to manually hide these products.
- In the Shopify Admin, select Products.
- Filter by auto renew and check off the hidden ones you don't want showing.
- Click More Actions and choose Remove available channel(s).
- Uncheck the other sales channels leaving Point of Sale selected and click Make products unavailable.
The original product was updated but the old product information is showing in the cart
When you make an update to a product in Shopify, sync your product rules in Recharge. Doing so ensures the new product information, such as price or product title, is reflected in the auto-renew product as well.
Auto-renew product titles won't update
Syncing is used to update the auto-renew product with the new product information. Syncing products will not update the product title on the subscription rule in Recharge. If you would like to update the product title in the rule remove and re-add the product to Recharge.
If you manually change the name of the auto-renew product on Shopify syncing will no longer affect the auto-renew product. To update in that case, delete the current auto-renew product and then sync.
The weight of the original product was updated but the auto-renew product was not updated
Updating the weight of the original product will not change the weight of the auto-renew product. You will need to manually update the weight of the auto-renew product. Recharge does not automatically sync weight changes to the auto-renew product, as some merchants may wish to maintain separate SKUs/weights on hidden products versus original products.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us