Recharge Theme Engine
The Recharge Theme Engine allows you to customize the interface of your store's customer portal. The customer portal is a series of pages and controls that allow your customers to view or modify their subscriptions, change their billing information, or review their order history. With Theme Engine Theme Editor, you can customize the customer portal to fit your store's style and branding.
- Theme Engine is only available to Recharge Pro Plan or Enterprise merchants. If you are interested in enabling the Theme Engine, contact the Recharge support team.
- Your store should have at least one customer with one active subscription to use Theme Engine.
Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- The default hosted URL for your customer portal is
admin.rechargeapps. Refer to Setting up a custom customer portal domain to change this URL.
Shopify Checkout Integration
- The Theme Engine is available to Pro Plan or Enterprise merchants using Shopify Checkout Integration and Migrated Shopify Checkout Integration with Theme Engine 4.0. If you are interested in enabling the Theme Engine, contact the Recharge support team.
Theme Engine Reference
Once Theme Engine is enabled for your store, you can use Recharge's Theme Engine Reference to customize your customer portal.
Access the Recharge Theme Engine
Use the Theme Editor to customize your customer portal theme.
Create a new theme or edit an existing one
If you are using single payment methods and choose the Novum template, you will be asked if you want to develop a single payment method or multiple payment method theme.
You can upgrade to multiple payment methods by publishing the new multiple payment method theme. Once you publish a multiple payment methods theme, you cannot switch back to use or preview a single payment method theme. Choosing the multiple payment methods team allows you to develop and test multiple payment methods prior to converting. You can publish the new multiple payment methods theme when updates are ready.
Create a new theme if you want to update an existing one to a newer template version. This automatically uses the latest template version, and you can migrate customizations from the existing theme to the new one.
- From the merchant portal, click Storefront and select Theme Editor.
- Click Create new theme or click Edit code to work on an existing theme.
- If creating a new theme, enter a name in the Theme name field and select the Theme template from the dropdown.
- Click Create theme.
Import a theme
- From your merchant portal, click Storefront and select Theme Editor.
- Click Import theme.
- Upload your Theme asset file (.zip) and click Next.
- Enter a name in the Theme name field and click Import theme.
Legacy. Subscribe to the Recharge Changelog to be notified about major version changes, and refer to the Release notes for minor version updates.
Enable your custom theme
When you are ready to go live with your custom portal theme, you can update the settings on your Customer portal settings page.
- In the merchant portal, click Storefront and select Customer Portal.
- In the Customer portal section, select PRO Theme Engine.
- In the Customer portal location section, select either Hosted by Recharge or Embedded in platform storefront.
- Click Save.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us