Omnisend, the all–in–one marketing automation platform, provides sophisticated omnichannel marketing automation tools for sales-driven marketers that have outgrown generic email marketing platforms. Engage your customers and boost your e-commerce sales with dynamic messages from several channels: emails, text messages, web push notifications, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, and retargeting ads on Facebook and Google — all from one platform.
Set up Omnisend
- Sign-in into your Omnisend account and go to Connected Apps.
- Select Connect New App.
- Select ReCharge from the list and click Connect and then Authorize Access.
- In the next window, click Install.
How it works
Custom events will be created and triggered by Recharge to Omnisend in real-time.
Custom events are:
- recharge_started_subscription - when new subscription is created
- recharge_updated_subscription - existing subscription is updated, i.e. address, interval, etc.
- recharge_cancelled_subscription - subscription was canceled
- recharge_activated_subscription - subscription was activated after being canceled
All custom events have these fields that could be used to personalize message:
- Item Name = product_title
- Variant = variant_title
- Price = price
- Quantity = quantity
- Order Interval Unit = order_interval_unit
- Order Interval Frequency = order_interval_frequency
- Cancellation Reason (only for cancelled_subscription event) = cancellation_reason
A potential use case is to send a message when the subscription was started/updated/canceled/activated with personalized information from event fields.
Steps to reproduce use case of a subscription is below. To test other events make appropriate changes in the fifth step of this flow or create multiple workflows:
- Open Automations in Omnisend and select Create Workflow.
- Select Buyer then click Order Confirmation.
- Click Edit workflow.
- Click the Trigger block.
- In the right side menu select Trigger and then Custom Event.
- Select recharge_started_subscription as the custom event and click Save. To trigger automation with other events create more workflows and select different custom events, i.e. recharge_canceled_subscription.
- Click the Email block and Edit content.
- Select the text block (or add one) and while editing, add custom event fields so they would appear in an email that is sent to the subscriber. Once done click Save & Close.
- Click Save & Go Back to save the email template.
- Enable the workflow so that each time the event is triggered an email would be sent to that event contact email address.
If you need further help on the functions or setup of the Omnisend integration, feel free to contact their support team.