Once the migration is complete but prior to recurring order processing, you must complete the post-migration checklist. This will ensure that data has been reviewed and confirmed as accurate. This checklist provides information on where to locate your data and important areas to review. When you have verified the data from the migration, the ReCharge team can remove the hold on your store.
Before you start
You will need to download a copy of the following exports:
- Purchase items CSV
- Upcoming orders CSV
- Upcoming prepaid orders CSV (if your store has prepaid subscriptions)
To download your exports:
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, click the wrench icon and select Exports from the dropdown menu.
- For each export, click Email report and enter your email address. If the date range option is present, you will want to ensure that both date range fields are left blank by clearing the first date range field:
- Click Send.
The exports will be sent as a download link to your email. If you do not receive the email, reach out to your Migration Specialist.
Step 1 - Review your Purchase items CSV
- Check the number of active subscriptions and inactive subscriptions imported from the Status column.
- Check all the columns related to shipping to confirm that the address information is correct.
- Check that the correct subscription item is assigned to the correct customer.
- Check that the recurring price of the item and the quantity is correct.
- Review the shipping_interval_frequency, shipping_interval_unit_type, charge_interval_frequency, and charge_interval_unit_type columns to ensure that the frequency and intervals are correct.
- If applicable, check the charge_on_day_of_month or charge_on_day_of_week column.
Step 2 - Review your Upcoming orders CSV
- Check the charge date column for each subscription. Making sure each item is on the correct date.
- Confirm that there are not any dates in the past. If so, please let the Migration Team know the reason and if it is expected.
- Check amount, discount, shipping, and taxes amount. The amount column shows the total of the charge including each item in the charge and the shipping and taxes. Some rows will be blank because each row is a separate item and we only list the amount once for the whole charge_id.
- Optionally, you can check all the billing address columns to ensure the address information is correct.
If you have prepaid subscriptions:
Check the shipping dates in the Upcoming prepaid orders CSV to ensure that they are the right dates. This export lists all the remaining shipments for each subscription cycle. A customer’s subscription may be listed multiple times with different shipping dates to reflect the remaining shipments.
Step 3 - Spot check orders in ReCharge
Go to the Orders section in the ReCharge Dashboard and click the Upcoming tab:
- Check that there are no charges in the past and spot check the upcoming charge dates.
- If you have prepaid subscriptions, you will want to review the shipment dates in the Upcoming prepaid orders tab as well.
Go to the Errors tab in the Orders section and look for common errors.
- If there are a large number of errors for imported subscribers, reach out to the Migration Team.
- If you have prepaid subscriptions, you will also want to check the Pre-paid errors tab.
Step 4 - Spot check customers in ReCharge
Go to the Customers section in the ReCharge Dashboard. Click the customer's name to open their ReCharge customer account:
- Check their subscriptions and make sure they have the correct subscription items.
- Check the Billing information page to see that the card data is present.
Click See details next to the Address ID and review the following:
- Check the charge dates and the shipping address.
- If the customer has prepaid subscriptions, check that there are the correct number of upcoming shipments, the correct shipment dates, and the correct upcoming prepaid charge date.
- Check the price, shipping, taxes, and discounts.
- Check the line item properties (if applicable).
- Check the recurring properties.
- If they have prepaid subscriptions check the shipment dates as well as the upcoming charge date.
Step 5 - Contact the Migration Team
When you are finished reviewing your data, reach out to the Migration Team to confirm completion.