Updating products in bulk is a great way to make several changes to your products at once. This guide will go over some of the more frequently asked questions pertaining to performing bulk updates in ReCharge.
- How do I perform a bulk update?
- What type of bulk updates can be performed?
- How long does it take to perform a bulk update?
- Am I able to bulk import customers from another platform?
- How do I bulk update the price of my subscription products in ReCharge?
- How do I do a bulk update line item properties for multiple products?
- How do I perform a bulk update for prepaid shipment dates?
- Can I create discount codes in bulk?
- Can I bulk update discount codes?
How do I perform a bulk update?
There is also a Bulk Updater Tool in the Integrations tab within the ReCharge Dashboard. You can use the Bulk Updater Tool if you are updating the following:
- Product title
- Variant title
- Recurring price
- SKUs (if implementing an override)
What type of bulk updates can be performed?
There are many types of bulk updates that can be done, ranging from charge dates, SKU, product title, and more. For a full list of available bulk updates, visit Bulk updating subscription products and orders.
How long does it take to perform a bulk update?
This will depend on the type of bulk update. If the bulk update is performed by ReCharge support, the completion time may vary depending on the size of the bulk update. If you know in advance that you need a large update, we request that your CSV be sent 5 business days before the update is required.
If the Bulk Updater Tool is used, updates can usually be completed within minutes. That said, depending on the size and number of products, the completion time may vary.
Am I able to bulk import customers from another platform?
When migrating from another platform to ReCharge, you will need to bulk import customers through the migration process rather than a bulk update. For more information, visit Migrating to ReCharge.
If you have less than 50 customers, you can also manually add customers individually.
How do I bulk update the price of my subscription products in ReCharge?
If you have more than 50 customers who require a price update on their subscription products, the ReCharge team can help facilitate a bulk update. You will need to prepare the following CSV file and email it to the support team.
- Email yourself a copy of the Purchase Items CSV from Settings > Exports > Subscription exports.
- Once you have received the export, open the file and create a new column at the end of the list and label it NEW Price.
- Insert the new price for each order in this column, leaving unchanged records blank. Alternatively, you can remove the rows of subscription items that are not receiving a price update from the file.
- Once you've filled in the rows, send the CSV file to the ReCharge team and we can perform the rest of the bulk update process on our end. Please allow up to 5 business days for the change.
How do I do a bulk update line item properties for multiple products?
You will need to prepare a CSV file with updated information and send it to the support team. Please accommodate 5 business days to complete the migration.
- Go to Settings > Exports > Subscription Reports and download the Purchase Items CSV.
- In the CSV, add an additional column called NEW Line Item Properties.
- Fill in the column with the new line item property information in JSON format. For example:
- You only need to fill in the rows that will be receiving the line item property update. Rows not receiving an update should be left blank. When finished, send the CSV to the support team.
How do I perform a bulk update for prepaid shipment dates?
Please visit Edit prepaid shipment dates for instructions on how to perform a bulk update for prepaid shipment dates.
Can I create discount codes in bulk?
Yes. You will need to prepare a CSV file and send the file to the ReCharge support team. For more information, visit Applying a discount to an existing subscription.
Can I bulk update discount codes?
To bulk update discount codes, you will need to reach out to the ReCharge support team with a list of the discount codes that require an update and what parameters need to be changed. To download a CSV copy of your discount codes:
- In the ReCharge Dashboard, click the wrench icon.
- Select Exports.
- Under Customers exports, click Email report.
- Enter in your email address and click Send.