You may need to switch the Stripe account within Recharge. This is common when you or your developer have set up a temporary account or when you need to redirect payments to a different account. This guide provides instructions on switching to a different Stripe account.
- BigCommerce Checkout Integration
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Refer to updating your Shopify Payments information for the Shopify Checkout Integration.
Before you start
If you have existing subscribers in your Recharge account, you must reach out to Stripe support and request they migrate your existing customers to your new Stripe account. Failure to do so will result in a Customer Not Found error when the next charge is attempted.
Step 1 - Remove existing Stripe account
- In the merchant portal, click Settings and select Payment.
- Under Payment processor, click Remove Stripe OAuth.
Step 2 - Connect new Stripe account
- Click Connect with Stripe.
- Click Sign in with Stripe to connect and log in. If you are already logged in, proceed to 3.
- Select the account you would like to connect from the dropdown.
- Click Connect my Stripe account.
If you have existing subscribers in Recharge:
Current subscribers will need to be migrated from your previous Stripe account to your new Stripe account. However, you can enable the new Stripe account in advance to allow future customers to be vaulted in the new Stripe account.
You will be prompted to confirm if you would like to proceed.
If you would like to connect the new account, click Remove. Be sure to reach out to Stripe support to initiate the migration in advance of your customer's next charge date.
If you have no subscribers in Recharge:
Once the Stripe account is connected, you can now accept payments.
If you are having trouble connecting your Stripe account or payments are still being directed to your previous account, reach out to Recharge support.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us