The default domain for the Recharge checkout is
https://checkout.rechargeapps.com. Pro merchants can change the Recharge checkout domain to match their website domain. If you are interested in this feature, reach out to the Recharge support team.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Before you start
- You must be on the Recharge Pro plan to enable this feature.
- If your store is using Google Address Autocomplete, you must add the custom checkout domain as an authorized domain in Google.
Original checkout URL flow:
Custom checkout domain URL flow:
Step 1 - Create a new CNAME
If you are on the Recharge Pro plan and would like to request a custom checkout domain, please refer to the following steps to set up a CNAME for the domain:
- Log in to your domain service provider.
- Locate your DNS settings.
- Create a CNAME record for the new checkout URL. For example,
https://checkout.website2019.com. Point this URL to
domains.rechargeapps.com. Ensure no other records conflict with the new record.
Step 2 - Reach out to Recharge
Reach out to your Account Manager or the Recharge support team and provide your new CNAME. Recharge will configure the domain in the database and notify you once it is set up.
Step 3 - Update your theme files
After the custom domain setup is complete, you must update all instances of
checkout.rechargepayments.com in your Shopify theme to your new custom checkout domain. Instances of the old checkout domain are found in the
When you locate an instance of the old checkout domain, replace the old checkout domain with your custom checkout domain.
If your store redirects users to checkout from pages other than
/cart, search your theme for
checkout.rechargeapps.com and change these instances to the new custom checkout domain.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us