The default domain for the Recharge checkout is
https://checkout.rechargeapps.com. If you are a Pro merchant, you have the option of changing the domain to match your website domain. If you are interested in this feature, reach out to the Recharge support team.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Before you start
- You must be on the Recharge Pro plan to enable this feature.
- If your store is using Google Address Autocomplete, you will need to add the custom checkout domain as an authorized domain in Google.
Original checkout URL flow:
With the custom domain URL flow:
Step 1 - Create a new CNAME
If you are on Recharge Pro and would like to request a custom checkout domain, please follow these steps to correctly set up a CNAME for the domain:
- Log in to your domain service provider.
- Locate your DNS settings.
- Create a CNAME record for the new checkout URL. For example,
https://checkout.website2019.com. Point this URL to
domains.rechargeapps.com. Make sure no other records conflict with the new record created.
Step 2 - Reach out to Recharge
Reach out to your Account Manager or Recharge Support with your newly created CNAME. Recharge will configure the domain in the database and then notify you once it is set up.
Step 3 - Update your theme files
After the custom domain setup is complete, you must change all instances of
com in your Shopify theme to your new checkout URL. You will find instances of the old URL in the
When located, replace the old checkout URL with your custom domain URL.
If your store redirects users to checkout from pages other than
/cart, search your theme for
checkout.rechargeapps.com and change these instances to the new URL.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us