The default domain for the ReCharge checkout is https://checkout.rechargeapps.com. If you are a Pro merchant, you have the option of changing the domain to match your website domain. If you are interested in this feature, reach out to the ReCharge support team.
Before you start
- You must be on the ReCharge Pro plan to enable this feature.
- If your store is using Google Address Autocomplete, you will need to add the custom checkout domain as an authorized domain in Google.
Original checkout URL flow:
https://website2019.ecommerceplatform.com/cart to https://checkout.rechargeapps.com
With the custom domain URL flow:
https://website2019.ecommerceplatform.com/cart to https://checkout.website2019.com
Step 1 - Create a new CNAME
If you are on ReCharge Pro and would like a to request a custom checkout domain, please follow these steps to correctly set up a CNAME for the domain:
- Login to your domain service provider.
- Locate your DNS settings.
- Create a new CNAME to point to domains.rechargeapps.com. The CNAME will be the new domain URL that should be displayed. For example, https://checkout.website2019.com. Make sure no other records conflict with the new record created,
Step 2 - Reach out to ReCharge
Reach out to your Account Manager or ReCharge Support with your newly created CNAME. ReCharge will configure the domain in the database and then notify you once it is set-up.
Step 3 - Update your theme files
After the custom domain is set up, you will need to change all instances of checkout.rechargeapps.com in your Shopify theme to your new checkout URL.
First, check within your subscription-cart-footer.liquid file in your Shopify theme. However, if your store sends people to checkout from pages other than the /cart page, then you need to search for "checkout.recharegapps.com" and change these references too.
When located, replace instances with your custom domain URL. In most cases, you will simply be switching rechargeapps.com within the URL structure to your custom domain URL.