Advanced Shipping Rules is a third party shipping rate provider that allows you to fine-tune the shipping rates you offer to your customers.
Advanced Shipping Rules allows users to create and set custom rates for different product groups.
Advanced Shipping Rules and ReCharge
Advanced Shipping Rules can natively pass some product specific shipping logic to the ReCharge checkout. However, any rates that are dependent on shipping address (e.g. Rate Failure by shipping zone) along with the testing mode are not compatible with ReCharge until you enable the integration.
Additionally, using the integration ensures that ReCharge will ping Advanced Shipping Rules to get updated rates each time we generate a queued/next charge for a customer, provided that you have set your shipping settings to dynamically recalculate shipping rates for each order. This ensures that customers get the most accurate rate based on their current order, instead of preserving the same rate that was generated at checkout.
Enabling the integration
Before you can enable the integration in ReCharge, you will need to ensure that you've set it up successfully in Shopify first.
Step 1 - Download the integration
- Install the Advanced Shipping Rules app from Shopify.
- Keep the app in test mode while you configure your rates.
- Organize your Product Groups in Advanced Shipping Rules.
- Set the correct shipping rates for each Product Group.
- Navigate to your Settings section. Determine if you would like to use Rate Failure or not. Leaving it on will prevent checkouts and recurring charges from being processed if no rate is found for that product or shipping zone.
- While in Settings and Copy your App ID listed in the API Key section.
Step 2 - Integrate with ReCharge
- Ope your ReCharge Admin from the Shopify app tab.
- Select Integrations from the top navigation menu.
- Locate the Advanced Shipping Rules integration and select Get.
- Paste the App ID from the Settings menu in Advanced Shipping Rules and click Save.
Testing your shipping rates
Test your shipping rates by adding a product to the cart, and navigating to the second page of the checkout. You do not need to complete the transaction to test the shipping rates.
Use the name Bambri as your first name on page 1 of the checkout to trigger the test rate on page 2 of ReCharge checkout.
All rates from Advanced Shipping Rules will contain ASR.
- Integrate directly with many other third-party apps such as Printful, Printify, and Pixels.
- Utilize the Advanced Shipping Rules API to allow flat rates for on-demand fulfillment providers like Scalable Press, teelaunch, Modalyst, and Gooten.
- Combine rates set in Advanced Shipping Rules for on-demand fulfillment providers with your rates for your own products.
- Create flat/table based rates for heavy items and carrier rates for regular items.
- Offer multiple shipping methods such as rule-based rates, carrier rates, free shipping, and the ability to create shipping zones.
For a full list of features, go to Advanced Shipping Rules Features Page.
Rate Failure feature
You may notice checkout or charge errors after enabling the integration. This is likely due to the fact that the product included in these orders has not been added to Advanced Shipping Rules and also does not have Rate failure enabled within the integration.
Rate Failure is a feature that restricts shipping zones. This means if a given product group has no shipping rates configured for a given shipping zone, the app will not return any rates whatsoever, thus preventing your customer from completing their checkout, or prevents a recurring charge from being processed if a customer changes their address to that zone.
If you have any specific issues you encounter with the Advanced Shipping Rules application, please contact email@example.com