Recharge provides all merchants with access to key store analytics that help you understand revenue trends, analyze how customers are interacting with their subscriptions, and compare your key performance indicators over a specific time period.
This guide will walk you through our different Analytics offerings for both Standard and Pro merchants.
Before you start
Data displayed through Recharge Analytics is refreshed and updated by 6 am EST daily.
Availability by plan
Our dashboards are grouped into four categories, so you can easily find the information you need around revenue, customers, subscriptions, or general reports.
Recharge merchants on the Pro plan can dive deeper with Enhanced Analytics. With Enhanced Analytics, you can access other additional dashboards and drill down into data points on most metrics, to access the specific transactions that contribute to each chart.
Available to everyone
Recharge Pro exclusive
Access Recharge Analytics
From your Recharge Dashboard, select Analytics from the top navigation bar.
All of the Analytics dashboards are divided into the following four categories:
Download your data
Recharge Analytics allows you to download all your dashboards as a PDF or CSV file. You can also e-mail reports ad-hoc or schedule dashboards to be sent daily, weekly, monthly, hourly, or even by the minute.
You can download the entire report, or a specific table within the report. Each data table can be downloaded into various formats, including CSV and PDF.
- Within the Analytics dashboard, select the three vertical dots in the right corner.
- Select Download data.
- Use the pop-up window to confirm which format you wish to receive the data in.
- Select Download to export your data.
You can schedule deliveries for a specific dashboard so that your Analytics data is sent directly to you.
- Select the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the dashboard.
- Select Schedule delivery.
- Use the Settings field to make changes to how you receive your data.
- Set the frequency of the reports using the Recurrence field.
- Update the Destination field if you would like to receive your reports through alternative methods, such as Webhooks, SFTP, or Amazon S3.
- Use the Email recipients field to confirm where these reports should be sent to.
- Use the Filters tab to filter your data by a specific time range, or by date granularity.
- You can make additional changes to your report like including a custom message or changing the paper size through the Advanced Settings tab.
- Select Test Now to receive a copy of the report.
- Select Save to confirm your delivery.
Drill-downs and alerts
Recharge Pro merchants can click on certain data tables or charts to drill down into the data, or set up an alert based on your specific parameters.
Drill down into the data to download a breakdown of customers and orders that make up the data displayed in the KPI dashboard.
Keep up to date with your business and set an alert to receive hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly email notifications based on your preferences.
- Pre-paid subscriptions are marked as canceled subscriptions after checkout, even if they have future shipment orders. At the moment, reporting shows customers with ongoing prepaid subscriptions as customers having no active subscriptions.
- If you are using OneClickUpsell or Carthook, the first subscription charge amount does not get reported in Recharge. We do report on the customers and subscriptions related to these initial charges.
- Standard Recharge Analytics doesn't filter out gift card purchases. This can lead to double-counting if you use Rise.ai to sell gift cards. You will need to manually reconcile between Recharge Analytics and your ecommerce platform, or filter out the gift card SKUs on the Enhanced Analytics Subscriptions dashboard.
For more information, troubleshooting, and help with Recharge Analytics, refer to Recharge Analytics FAQ.
Here are a few helpful terms to understand in order to get the most out of analytics:
Dashboard - A collection of charts and visualizations designed to help you track key performance indicators and view sales trends.
KPI - Short for Key Performance Indicators, these are measurable values that help track the health and success of your business.
Churn - The percentage of customers that canceled their subscription to your business over a set time frame.
Data Granularity - The time frame that your data gets grouped together. For example, a weekly granularity means you would view store revenue broken down by week.
Reach out to the Recharge support team if you have any questions about how to interpret the data, or join our weekly Analytics Open Office Hours on Mondays at 12 pm PST to discuss your questions live. Office Hours are open for registration the first ten minutes of the hour.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us