Signifyd protects merchants against fraudulent transactions by inspecting orders using big data and analytics. The Signifyd app calculates the probability of fraud based on seller, buyer and item information and accepts liability for fraud on guaranteed transactions.
- Enroll with Signifyd through their website.
- Obtain your unique API Key from the settings page of your Signifyd portal.
- In your ReCharge Dashboard, click Integrations on the top menu, locate Signifyd and click Get underneath.
- Paste your unique API key into the Signifyd API credential box, select an Integration mode and hit Activate.
Passive and Active
Signifyd offers two levels of protection: Passive and Active. In passive mode, Signifyd will monitor all transactions that come in, referred to as cases, but will not cancel any suspected fraudulent transactions. Instead, you will get an alert that there’s potential fraud and can view the transaction in Signifyd’s portal to determine how to proceed.
When set to active mode, Signifyd will continue to monitor all orders that come in through your store but the app will proactively cancel and refund any that are deemed fraudulent. Similar to passive mode, Signifyd will post the reasons for cancellation in their portal for you to reference.
Identifying fraudulent orders
In Active or Passive mode, when ReCharge receives a declined case from Signifyd, a fraud reviewed declined tag is appended to the order.
Using Shopify, you can search for orders containing this tag.
Additionally, when ReCharge receives a fraud verdict from Signifyd, the following note attributes are added to the order:
- fraud_investigation_provider (Signifyd),
- fraud_investigation_verdict (approved/denied)
- fraud_investigation_external_id (Signifyd case ID)
In Active mode, when ReCharge receives a declined case from SIgnifyd, the Shopify order will be cancelled and Fraudulent order will be listed as the cancellation reason.
Where to reach out for support
If you need further help on the functions of the Signifyd app or have questions about why a particular transaction was flagged as fraudulent, feel free to contact Signifyd through their support portal.
During installation, if you have any issues getting the integration to work correctly, reach out to ReCharge support to help get it sorted out.
For more information about the app, visit the Signifyd FAQ.