Signifyd protects merchants against fraudulent transactions by inspecting orders using big data and analytics. The Signifyd app calculates the probability of fraud based on seller, buyer, and item information and accepts liability for fraud on guaranteed transactions.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Enroll with Signifyd through their website.
- Obtain your unique API Key from the settings page of your Signifyd portal.
- In your merchant portal, click Apps, and select Marketplace from the drop-down options.
- Locate Signifyd from the list of available apps and click Get.
- Paste your unique API key into the Signifyd API credential box, select an Integration mode, and hit Activate.
Passive and active
Signifyd offers two levels of protection: Passive and Active.
In passive mode, Signifyd will monitor all transactions that come in, referred to as cases, but will not cancel any suspected fraudulent transactions. Instead, you will get an alert that there’s potential fraud and can view the transaction in Signifyd’s portal to determine how to proceed.
When set to active mode, Signifyd will continue to monitor all orders that come in through your store but the app will proactively cancel and refund any that are deemed fraudulent. Similar to passive mode, Signifyd will post the reasons for cancellation in their portal for you to reference.
Identify fraudulent orders
In either active or passive mode, when Recharge receives a declined case from Signifyd, a fraud review declined tag is appended to the order.
Using Shopify, you can search for orders containing this tag.
Additionally, when Recharge receives a fraud verdict from Signifyd, the following note attributes are added to the order:
- fraud_investigation_provider (Signifyd),
- fraud_investigation_verdict (approved/denied)
- fraud_investigation_external_id (Signifyd case ID)
In the active mode, when Recharge receives a declined case from SIgnifyd, the Shopify order will be canceled and the fraudulent order will be listed as the cancellation reason.
If you need further help with the Signifyd app or have questions about why a particular transaction was flagged as fraudulent, contact Signifyd through their support portal.
During installation, if you have any issues getting the integration to work correctly, reach out to Recharge support.
For more information about the app, visit the Signifyd FAQ.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us