Signifyd protects merchants against fraudulent transactions by using data and analytics to inspect orders. The Signifyd app calculates the probability of fraud based on seller, buyer, and item information and accepts liability for fraud on guaranteed transactions.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Enroll with Signifyd through their website.
- Obtain your unique API Key from the settings page of your Signifyd portal.
- In your Recharge merchant portal, click Apps, and select Marketplace from the drop-down options.
- Locate Signifyd from the list of available apps and click Get.
- Paste your unique API key (from Step 2) into the Signifyd API credential box, select an Integration mode, and hit Activate.
Signifyd offers two levels of protection: Passive and Active. These are referred to as Integration modes.
In passive mode, Signifyd monitors all transactions or cases that process through checkout but will not automatically cancel any suspected fraudulent transactions. Instead, you receive an alert that there is potential fraud and can view the transaction in Signifyd’s portal to determine how to proceed.
In active mode, Signifyd monitors all orders that process through checkout but the app cancels and refunds any orders that are flagged as fraudulent. Similar to passive mode, Signifyd posts the reasons for cancellation in their portal for you to reference.
Capture fingerprint at checkout
Enable device fingerprinting:
- In the Recharge merchant portal, click Apps and select Signifyd.
- Under Capture fingerprint during checkout click Enabled.
Identify fraudulent orders
In either active or passive mode, when Recharge receives a declined case from Signifyd, Recharge sends a Fraud Review Declined tag to the order on Shopify.
Using Shopify, you can search for orders containing this tag.
Additionally, when Recharge receives a fraud verdict from Signifyd, Recharge adds the following note attributes to the order on Shopify:
- fraud_investigation_provider (Signifyd),
- fraud_investigation_verdict (approved/denied)
- fraud_investigation_external_id (Signifyd case ID)
In active mode, when Recharge receives a declined case from Signifyd, the Shopify order will be canceled and the fraudulent order will be listed as the cancellation reason.
If you need further help with the Signifyd app or have questions about why a particular transaction was flagged as fraudulent, contact Signifyd through their support portal.
For installation questions and issues, reach out to Recharge support.
For more information about the app, visit the Signifyd FAQ.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us