This guide covers troubleshooting tips for discounts in ReCharge. For general information and questions, visit Discounts.
- ReCharge’s order total on a discounted order does not match Shopify
- Discount codes don’t work on the scheduled expiration date
- Unable to edit a discount code
- There’s no option to add a discount code in checkout
- $0 discounts not displaying on orders
ReCharge’s order total on a discounted order does not match Shopify
The order total displayed by ReCharge can differ from the Paid by customer field in Shopify by exactly 1¢ for some discounted orders, though your customers have been charged the correct amount.
The difference is caused by a side effect of Shopify’s API. The order API only allows for two decimal places in the discount field, so while the discount itself was applied correctly at three decimal points, the display values are truncated in Shopify after only two decimal places. ReCharge charges your customers for the correct amount, but might round the displayed amount by 1¢.
We recommend using ReCharge's exports to perform your reporting and accounting as these values will be correct, and will match your payment processor’s values for reconciliation.
Discount codes are not working on the scheduled end date
Discount codes with a scheduled expiration date will stop working at the start of the expiration date. For example: If you want the discount code to be active through December 31st, set the expiration date for January 1st.
Unable to edit a discount code
After a discount code is created in ReCharge, all discount properties, such as discount amount or expiration, can not be edited. You can only deactivate, disable, or delete an existing discount code.
If you need to make a modification to a discount code we recommend deleting it and recreating it.
If you want to modify a discount code that’s currently applied to a customer’s subscription, we recommend fully deactivating the code first, then recreating it with the same name.
Note: Deleting and recreating a discount code will generate a new Discount ID, and may cause some problems for a handful of third-party integrations that use this field. If you use a third-party app that affects discount codes or are unsure about the process please reach out to the ReCharge support team first and we'll be happy to help.
Here's how we recommend deleting and recreating a discount code:
- Open up Discounts and drill down into the code you want to recreate by clicking on its name.
- Copy the discount code name:
- Click on Fully disable discount code and select 'Fully disable' on the popup.
- Click on Delete discount code and select 'Delete' on the popup.
- Back on the Discounts page, click on Create discount code.
- Paste in the Discount code name we copied into the top field and set up the properties of the code.
- When you're all finished, click Save at the bottom.
There’s no option to add a discount code at checkout
ReCharge will only display the input field for discounts during checkout if there’s at least one discount code created in your system. Once you add in a discount code, the field will appear underneath the order on the right-hand side total during checkout.
$0 discounts not displaying on orders
ReCharge doesn’t process discount codes for $0 or 0% off. If a customer checks out with a discount code of either $0 or 0% off, the transaction will go through but the discount code will not be attached to the subscription or the order in ReCharge.