SendGrid is a cloud-based SMTP (Single Mail Transfer Protocol) provider that delivers your transactional emails through the world's largest cloud-based email delivery platform. SendGrid manages all of the technical details, from scaling the infrastructure to ISP outreach and reputation monitoring to whitelist services and real-time analytics.
Supported Features on SendGrid
- Track delivery rates, open rates, and click-through rates for all of your email notifications.
- Access a data-rich activity feed, aggregate statistics, and monitor your sender reputation.
- Calculate email ROI for each customer touchpoint.
- A/B test notifications to improve open and click-through rates.
Note: In order to access this integration, you must be on a paid SendGrid plan. Essentials, Pro, and Premier are the only three account types that are compatible.
To integrate SendGrid and ReCharge, you will need to get a SendGrid API Key.
- Signup for an Email API Plan with SendGrid.
- Go to Settings > API Keys.
- Create API Key, give it Full Access and name it ReCharge.
- Copy the API key.
With the API Key generated, you need to add it to ReCharge to enable the integration.
- Open up ReCharge, click on Integrations in the ReCharge Dashboard.
- Scroll down to SendGrid and click Get.
- Paste the SendGrid API key, and hit the Activate button.
Notifications are still modified and styled within the Recharge app. If you have any questions about the content or styling of your email notifications, reach out to ReCharge Support.
If you have any questions regarding email deliverability or analytics, reach out to SendGrid Support.