Dynamic checkout buttons or Buy it now buttons do not work with ReCharge out-of-the-box. The ReCharge checkout requires the product to be added to the cart first so the subscription line item properties can be sent to checkout. When your customers try to use one these buttons an error message will indicate that they are not functional and the Variant not found error will appear or they will be taken to the wrong checkout.
This guide will outline three possible solutions to handle any dynamic checkout buttons or express payment buttons on your Shopify site.
Before you start
- Payment options such as Google Pay, Apple Pay or PayPal hosted on the product or cart page will not work without custom code. However, ReCharge does support some of these payment options at checkout. For more information, visit Payment processors.
- Some solutions may require custom coding. Custom code is not supported by ReCharge as per our design policy. If you require further assistance, visit the ReCharge Partner Directory.
Hide or remove the button
In most themes, you can disable the dynamic checkout button in your store theme settings.
- From the Shopify Admin, go to Online store
- Select Customize on your theme.
- Open the Product page preview and choose the Product pages section.
- Turn off the Show dynamic checkout button checkbox. This will remove the buy it now button completely from your product pages.
- Click Save when finished.
Show the button on non-subscription products only
For this solution, you would need to reach out to our ReCharge support. Our Support Engineers will be able to hide the button from subscription products so that it will only appear only on products that are not in any of your rulesets. This way one-time products will still have the dynamic checkout buttons for your customers to use.
Custom code to direct to ReCharge checkout
You can custom code the Buy it now and payment buttons to lead directly to the ReCharge checkout. Visit Redirect to subscription checkout for further instructions on implementation.
If you require the assistance of a developer, please visit the ReCharge Partner Directory.