Shopify dynamic checkout buttons or Buy it now buttons do not work with the Recharge Checkout on Shopify out-of-the-box. The Recharge checkout requires the product to be added to the cart first so the subscription line item properties can be sent to checkout.
When your customers try to use one of these buttons, an error message will indicate that they are not functional and the Variant not found error will appear, or they will be taken to the wrong checkout.
This guide outlines three possible solutions to handle any dynamic checkout buttons or express payment buttons on your Shopify site.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Payment options such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, or PayPal hosted on the product or cart page will not work without custom code. However, Recharge does support some of these payment options at the checkout. For more information, visit Payment processors.
- Some solutions may require custom coding. Custom code is not supported by Recharge as per the design and integration policy. If you require the assistance of a developer, visit the Recharge Agency Partner Directory.
Hide or remove the button
In most Shopify themes, you can disable the dynamic checkout button in your store theme settings.
- From the Shopify Admin, click Online store and select Themes.
- Click Customize on your theme.
- Open a Product page preview and choose the Product pages section.
- Deselect the Show dynamic checkout button checkbox. This will remove the buy it now button completely from your product pages.
- Click Save.
Show the button on non-subscription products only
For this solution, you would need to reach out to Recharge support. Our Support Engineers will be able to hide the button from subscription products so that it will only appear on products that are not added to Recharge. This way, only one-time products will still have dynamic checkout buttons for your customers to use.
Custom code to direct to the Recharge Checkout
You can custom code the Buy it now and payment buttons to lead directly to the Recharge Checkout. Visit Redirect to subscription checkout for further instructions on implementation.
If you require the assistance of a developer, visit the Recharge Agency Partner Directory.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us