- Enhance the Customer Portal
- Customize your subscriptions with rulesets
- Use workflows to offer free trials and more
- Offer discounts for your subscriptions
- Learn about auto-renew products
- Shipping rates with subscriptions
- Set up taxes on your subscription products
- Customize Recharge to fit your design needs
- Ready for launch
You've set up your payment processor and created your first rulesets – now it's time to customize the customer experience. With Recharge, you can control the look, feel, and experience for your customers using Recharge settings, integrations, and more.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Enhance the Customer Portal
In the Customer Portal, your customers can view their purchase history, edit their subscriptions, and update billing information. To get a better understanding of how the Customer Portal works and how to customize it to fit your customers’ needs, head over to our Customer Portal page.
- Decide what type of Customer Portal you want your customers to use.
- Customize your Customer Portal to fit the design of your store.
- Learn about the Customer Portal Controls for you and your customers.
Customize your subscriptions with rulesets
Rulesets determine how your subscriptions work. Whether you want to offer prepaid gift subscriptions, or offer monthly recurring subscriptions, the Rulesets section is where to go. Visit our Create Subscription Rulesets page to see how you can customize your subscriptions.
- Choose the types of subscriptions you can offer your customers.
- Choose when to charge your customers for their subscriptions by specifying a charge day of month or week.
Use workflows to offer free trials and more
Subscriptions can be further customized through Recharge Workflows. If you want to learn how to offer free trials, discounts based on subscription length and more, visit our Recharge Workflow help guide.
- Learn how to create a 14-day free trial workflow by following a tutorial
- Discover common use cases for Workflows used by other merchants.
Offer discounts for your subscriptions
Discount codes are one of the many ways to offer value to your customers and to increase customer loyalty. With Recharge, you can offer discount codes for one-time purchases and recurring orders to incentivize purchases on your store. Visit Discounts for more information.
Discount codes created in Shopify will not work on the Recharge checkout. You will need to recreate those discount codes in Recharge. Refer to the Creating discount codes in bulk page for more information.
- Read about the common use cases for discount codes on your store.
- Want to reduce churn? Consider using discount codes as part of your cancellation and retention strategy.
Learn about auto-renew products
If you’ve added one of your products to a Recharge ruleset, you may have noticed that a duplicate product was created in Shopify with the phrase Auto-renew in the product title. To understand why this happens and how you can manage these duplicate products, visit Auto-renew products overview.
Shipping rates with subscriptions
Whether you want to use your existing shipping rates with your subscription products or you want to have different rules for your subscription products, the Setting up shipping for subscription products page will guide you through the process.
- Offer free shipping on your subscription orders.
- Learn how to adjust shipping rates for your customers after checkout.
Set up taxes on your subscription products
We understand that tax laws and regulations can be complicated, which is why Recharge’s tax section makes it easier to set taxes on your subscription products. Learn more about taxes on your subscription products with the Setting up taxes in Recharge guide.
- Learn how to set up taxes for the US or taxes in other countries.
- Create tax exemptions and overrides on your products and customers.
Customize Recharge to fit your design needs
While Recharge is meant to integrate seamlessly into your store, we understand that you might want to customize the look and feel of Recharge. From translations to design, the Recharge app is customizable to suit your needs. For more information on how to modify the subscription experience for your customers, visit the pages below:
- Language translations
- Modify the Subscription Widget
- Customizing the Recharge checkout
- Customizing the storefront customer portal
- Recharge Theme Engine (Recharge Pro)
- Updating the legal settings
- Third-party apps and integrations
Ready for launch