Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates allows you to create shipping rates directly in Recharge. We use the shipping rates you configure in Recharge to determine which rates will be applied to both checkout and recurring orders.
You can manually create and manage your own shipping zones within Recharge, or import rates from Shopify as well as different third-party integrations.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Merchants that migrated to the Shopify Checkout Integration with existing subscribers, can choose to enable Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates for their recurring orders, however, all new checkout orders use your shipping settings in Shopify. Refer to Understanding migrations to the Shopify Checkout Integration for more information.
Before you start
Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates is the standard shipping offering for BigCommerce merchants.
Shopify merchants using the ReCharge Checkout must enable Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates in Recharge.
Overview and benefits
Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates gives you full control over the shipping rates available to your customers, allowing you to configure different rates for orders placed around the globe.
Not only does this feature provide you with more flexibility over your shipping rates but it's also compatible with some of the most popular third-party shipping integrations.
Specify what rates apply to which locations by creating shipping zones. Recharge Shipping Zones lets you set shipping rates by country, state/province/territory, or an all-encompassing rest of world option.
- Countries - Configure your shipping zones per country.
- ie. Shipping Zone A applies to orders originating in Canada. Shipping Zone B applies to orders originating in Egypt.
- States/Provinces/Territories - Further narrow your shipping zones down by configuring them at a provincial level.
- ie. Shipping Zone A applies to orders originating in California. Shipping Zone B applies to orders originating in New York.
- Rest of World - Create a shipping zone for all other countries not already included in a zone. All other countries in the world will be displayed and accepted at the checkout when the rest of the world option is selected.
- ie. Shipping Zone A provides free shipping to orders originating in England. Shipping Zone B charges customers everywhere else in the world a flat rate of $10.00.
To make it easier, you can have multiple regions, or zones, in one shipping zone. For example, you could create one shipping zone for both Canada and the US.
You cannot, however, have one region in multiple Shipping Zones. For example, Canada could not be in Shipping Zone A and Shipping Zone B.
With Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates, you can now:
- Manually configure rates. Set up your rates based on order specifications.
- Utilize rates from third-party shipping apps. Use a third-party integration to calculate your shipping rates.
- Store your Shopify rates on Recharge. Import your Shopify shipping rates (for Shopify merchants only).
Manually configure rates
Recharge Rates allow you to configure your own shipping rates directly within Recharge, eliminating the need for external requests when displaying rates at the checkout and on recurring orders.
By setting up your own rates, you have full control over how customers are charged for shipping at checkout. You can update your own rates at any time to reflect your business needs.
Use our guide to create and manage your shipping rates directly in Recharge.
You can also set conditions for your manual rates by selecting the add conditions button.
Only customers whose orders meet the conditions set will be eligible for the shipping rate.
- Based on item weight - Orders must weigh a certain amount in pounds to qualify for the shipping rate.
- Based on order price - Orders must total a certain dollar amount to qualify for the shipping rate.
Use conditions to offer shipping incentives to customers such as spend $50.00 to receive free shipping.
Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates also lets you connect to third-party integrations right within Recharge. The following integrations are currently supported with ReCharge Shipping Zones:
Shopify merchants using the Recharge Checkout
Check out our instructions on setting up shipping zones for third-party integrations to get started.
Import and include shipping rates from Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Import rates from Shopify
With Recharge Shipping Zones you can import rates that you've created through Shopify and save them right in ReCharge. That way, we can pull the rates from our database and improve the checkout creation process for your customers.
Include rates from Shopify
Shopify merchants can display their Shopify shipping rates directly in the Recharge checkout through the Include shipping rates from Shopify option.
With this option enabled, all rates stored in your Shopify shipping settings for that zone are displayed at the Recharge checkout when this option is enabled. These options are entirely managed in Shopify.
This is a great option if you are using an unsupported third-party app to calculate your rates or have a specific setup that you can't replicate in Recharge, such as using Shopify Shipping Profiles for per product rates.
Read through our instructions on including a shipping rate from Shopify at the checkout.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us