Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates gives you full control over the shipping rates available to your customers, allowing you to configure different rates for orders placed around the globe. Manually create and manage your own shipping zones within Recharge, or import rates from Shopify as well as different third-party integrations.
- This guide is applicable to merchants using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify or BigCommerce.
- If you're using the Shopify Checkout Integration, Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates are not compatible. You must set up and maintain your shipping settings in Shopify, refer to the dedicated guide for setting up shipping.
Before you start
- Merchants that migrated or converted to the Shopify Checkout Integration, can choose to enable Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates for their recurring orders. However, all new checkout orders use your shipping settings in Shopify. Refer to Converting or migrating to the Shopify Checkout Integration for more information.
- Shopify merchants using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify must enable Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates in Recharge.
- Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates is the standard shipping offering for merchants using the Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce.
Access shipping settings in Recharge
- Click Settings in your merchant portal and select Shipping.
- Ensure Recharge zones, rates, and integrations (Advanced) is selected under Shipping setup. The settings that this guide goes through can be found in this section.
Shipping zones overview
Specify which rates apply to which locations by creating shipping zones. Recharge Shipping Zones lets you set shipping rates by country, state/province/territory, or an all-encompassing rest of world option.
- Click Manage zones to access your shipping zones.
- Click Add shipping zone to add a new zone, or click the gear icon and select Edit zone to make changes to existing zones.
Shipping zone options
- Countries - Configure your shipping zones per country, i.e. Shipping Zone A applies to orders originating in Canada, and Shipping Zone B applies to orders originating in Egypt.
- States/Provinces/Territories - Narrow down your shipping zones by configuring them at a provincial/state/territory level, i.e. Shipping Zone A applies to orders originating in California, and Shipping Zone B applies to orders originating in New York.
- Rest of World - Create a shipping zone for all other countries not already included in a zone. All other countries in the world will be displayed and accepted at the checkout when the rest of the world option is selected, i.e. Shipping Zone A provides free shipping to orders originating in England, and Shipping Zone B charges customers everywhere else in the world a flat rate of $10.00.
To make it easier, you can have multiple regions or zones in one shipping zone. For example, you could create one shipping zone for North America (United States, Mexico, and Canada).
You cannot have one region in multiple Shipping Zones. For example, Canada can not be in both Shipping Zone A and Shipping Zone B.
With Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates, you can:
- Manually configure rates - Set up your rates based on order specifications. See manually configure rates.
- Utilize rates from third-party shipping apps - Use a third-party integration to calculate your shipping rates.
- Store your Shopify rates on Recharge - Import your Shopify shipping rates (for merchants using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify only).
Manually configure rates
Recharge Rates allow you to configure your own shipping rates directly within Recharge, eliminating the need for external requests when displaying rates at the checkout and on recurring orders. By setting up your own rates, you have full control over how customers are charged for shipping at checkout. You can update your own rates at any time to reflect your business needs.
Click Add rate within any of your shipping zones to set up your own rates. Refer to the guide to create and manage your shipping rates directly in Recharge.
You can also set conditions for your manual rates by selecting Add conditions. Only customers whose orders meet the conditions set will be eligible for the shipping rate.
Types of conditions
- Based on item weight - Orders must weigh a certain amount in pounds to qualify for the shipping rate.
- Based on order price - Orders must total a certain dollar amount to qualify for the shipping rate.
Use conditions to offer shipping incentives to customers such as "Spend $50.00 to receive free shipping."
Recharge Shipping Zones and Rates also lets you connect to third-party integrations right within Recharge. The following integrations are currently supported with Recharge Shipping Zones:
Shopify merchants using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Set up a third-party integration for shipping
- Ensure the third-party shipping integration is installed on your store.
- Click Add rate within any of your shipping zones.
- Select Use a third-party app to calculate rates.
- Select the third-party app from the drop-down list and click Save.
Check out our instructions on setting up shipping zones for third-party integrations to get started.
Import and include shipping rates from Shopify
Import rates from Shopify
With Recharge Shipping Zones you can import rates that you've created through Shopify and save them in Recharge. Recharge can then pull the rates from our database and improve the checkout creation process for your customers.
Include rates from Shopify
Shopify merchants can display their Shopify shipping rates directly in the Recharge checkout through the Include shipping rates from Shopify option. With this option enabled, all rates stored in your Shopify shipping settings for that zone are displayed at the Recharge checkout when this option is enabled. These options are entirely managed in Shopify.
This is a great option if you are using an unsupported third-party integration to calculate your rates or have a specific setup that you can't replicate in Recharge, such as using Shopify Shipping Profiles for per product rates.
Refer to the instructions on including a shipping rate from Shopify at the checkout.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us