With Recharge Shipping Zones, you can now store shipping rates directly in ReCharge to create a seamless customer experience for your customers.
This guide explains how to import your shipping rates from your current eCommerce platform.
Before you start
- You must have your shipping rates configured in Shopify before you can import them into ReCharge.
- You can use the Include shipping rates from Shopify setting if you have shipping rates in a particular shipping zone that cannot be imported or added manually into ReCharge. For example, rates that come from an unsupported third-party app, rates from a shipping profile that isn’t the general profile, or Shopify carrier-calculated rates.
Step 1 - Enable the Advanced Shipping settings option
- Navigate to the ReCharge Settings menu and select Shipping.
- Make sure that Charge shipping from the Charge shipping section.
- Select Use ReCharge zones, rates, and integrations from the Shipping setup drop-down menu.
- Follow the Permissions update required prompt to update your store's permission so that ReCharge can read your store's shipping settings. Once permissions have been updated, select Next.
Step 2 - Import Shopify zones and rates
- Once you've updated and confirmed your permissions, review the Shopify shipping zones and rates that you will be importing into ReCharge.
- Press Next to confirm the Shopify shipping zones and rates that you'll be importing.
- Confirm the import by typing IMPORT into the Confirmation required dialog box and select Import.
ReCharge will then pull the rates from Shopify and save them in our database to be used when creating orders.
Updating Shopify shipping zones and rates
If you update your shipping zones and rates in Shopify, you will need to import the zones and rates again in ReCharge.
Re-importing shipping zones and rates from Shopify will remove any existing rates in ReCharge, and recreate the shipping zones and rates with the most up to date information from Shopify.
Include rates from Shopify at the checkout
You can toggle the Include rates from Shopify option on to display rates specifically from Shopify at the ReCharge checkout. With this feature enabled, we can pull your rates directly from Shopify and display them as a shipping option for your customers.
This is ideal if you use Shopify Shipping carrier-calculated rates, your own carrier-calculated rates, an unsupported third-party shipping app, or use multiple Shopify Shipping Profiles to manage your rates.
To prevent duplicate rates from displaying at the checkout, you'll want to remove any ReCharge rates for this zone when using this option.