Recharge Quick Actions are standard URLs you can send to your customers that perform specific actions on their subscriptions. You can build Quick Action URLs that allow customers to skip their next shipments, reactivate subscriptions, or even add one-time products to their upcoming orders.
Quick Actions work seamlessly with Recharge's Klaviyo V2 integration, giving you full control over your customer notifications.
This guide explains how you can use Quick Action URLs to automate processes for your customers, the Quick Actions URL builder, and additional customization options available.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
How Quick Actions work
Recharge Quick Actions are standard URLs that can be included in your Klaviyo flows and campaigns, allowing customers to perform a variety of actions. Quick Actions simplifies the steps that a customer needs to take to interact with their subscriptions.
When a customer clicks on the Quick Actions link, they're taken to a passcode verification page as an extra security measure. Once the customer verifies their identity, they can perform the action included in the notification, all without logging into their customer portal.
Recharge Quick Actions are used with the Klaviyo V2 integration, as Klaviyo allows you to send one Quick Action URL to multiple customers at the same time using variables.
You can include Quick Action URLs in both your Klaviyo flows and campaigns. Refer to Setting up Quick Actions in Klaviyo for more information.
Customers can perform the following actions through Quick Action URLs:
- View the customer portal
- Ship next order now
- Skip next order
- Delay next order
- Add a one-time product to the next order
- Swap current subscription
- Apply discount to next order
- Reactivate canceled subscription
- Reactivate canceled subscription and apply discount code
- Reactivate canceled subscription and add one-time product
You can include any Quick Action in a Klaviyo flow. There are a few exceptions as to which actions can be included in campaigns. See Quick Actions URLs for more information.
Manual Quick Action URLs
While not supported, you may wish to build custom Quick Action URLs. These URLs can be included in emails to specific customers, or in tandem with an unsupported application. Review our article Creating Recharge Quick Action URLs manually for more information.
Enable Recharge Quick Actions
Recharge Quick Actions are automatically enabled once you install the Klaviyo V2 integration.
Optional - Configure settings to enable Klaviyo flows
There are a few additional steps required specifically when enabling Klaviyo flows. Follow the setup instructions listed below to ensure that your flows are configured correctly:
- Enable Started Checkout Event Syncing in Recharge through your Klaviyo dashboard.
- Contact Klaviyo's support team to have your flows set up as Transactional. This is an action Klaviyo Support needs to review manually and ensures that customers receive order notifications even if they've unsubscribed to your email list.
- Cancel a subscription for a test customer in Recharge to trigger the “Subscription cancelled on ReCharge” metric.
- Confirm that the Klaviyo integration is enabled. Select Metrics from the Analytics tab in Klaviyo, and then select API. Confirm that the “Subscription cancelled on ReCharge metric” is present.
Create a Quick Action URL using the URL Builder
Use the Quick Actions URL Builder to auto-generate the correct Quick Actions URL for your Klaviyo flows or campaigns.
- Select Quick Actions from the Settings menu in your Recharge Dashboard to open the URL Builder.
- Select the Quick Action that you wish to create from the first drop-down menu.
- Use the second drop-down menu to confirm if your Quick Action should be included in a Klaviyo flow or campaign. You must select the correct Recharge metric from the drop-down menu if you are adding the Quick Action to a flow.
- The Quick Action URL will auto-populate in the Klaviyo Quick Action textbox. Select Copy link to add the Quick Action URL to your clipboard for future use in Klaviyo.
Depending on the Quick Action you created, you may need to make additional adjustments to the Quick Actions URL once it is generated before inserting it into your Klaviyo notification. Any text in
brackets must be replaced:
- Replace the
VARIANTIDfield with the variant ID from your store if you are using a Quick Action to let customers swap to a new product or add a one-time product to their next order.
- Replace the
DISCOUNTCODEfield with the discount code you wish to make available to customers.
Add the URL in your Klaviyo flow or campaign once the URL is finalized.
Replace old Quick Action links
You should create new Quick Actions URLs using the URL Builder, and update any existing Klaviyo notification with the new URLs. This confirms that the links are up-to-date, ensuring stability and performance for your customers.
Quick Actions authentication
Customers must be authenticated as the account owner whenever a customer clicks on a Quick Actions URL. Recharge does this by sending a 6-digit passcode to the customer before the action is processed. Tokens are valid for 10 minutes once a passcode has been generated by the customer.
Customers worldwide receive their 6-digit passcode via email, regardless of their location. Customers located in the United States or Canada have the option of receiving their passcode via SMS text message. Recharge uses the billing and shipping address to determine the customer's location and if the SMS option should be displayed.
Recharge processes the Quick Action once the customer enters the correct passcode. See the image below for a visual representation of the customer flow, from receiving the notification to completing the Quick Action:
Customize the Quick Actions authentication page
You can customize the authentication page messaging and appearance to match the rest of your store.
Update the text on the Quick Actions authentication page
- Select Translations from the Settings menu in your Recharge Dashboard.
- Select the Quick Actions tab.
- Update the translations listed in the Verification Prompts tab.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Customize the look of the Quick Actions authentication page
You must use CSS to update the styling of the authentication page. Note that this will require custom coding and is not supported by Recharge per our design policy.
- Select the wrench icon from the Recharge Dashboard and select Customer Portal.
- Enter in your custom CSS code under Customize styles.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
The customer experience after interacting with a Quick Action
The page displayed to your customer after interacting with a Quick Action URL changes depending on the Quick Action used. Refer to the chart below to determine where customers are routed to after completing a successful action.
Quick Action type
The customer is directed to
|View the customer portal||Their Customer Portal.|
|Ship next order now||A page containing details about the next order.|
|Skip next order||The delivery schedule page for the next order.|
|Delay next order||The delivery schedule page for the next order.|
|Add a one-time product to the next order||The delivery schedule page for the next order.|
|Swap current subscription||The specific subscription where the product was swapped.|
|Apply discount to next order||The specific subscription that the discount was applied to.|
|Reactivate canceled subscription||The specific subscription that the action reactivated.|
|Reactivate canceled subscription and apply discount code||The specific subscription that the action reactivated.|
|Reactivate canceled subscription and add one-time product||The Upcoming Orders page.|
Visit Recharge Quick Actions FAQ for common issues and troubleshooting steps.
Support and feedback
Contact our support team with any questions or feedback about Recharge Quick Actions.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us