Recharge Quick Actions
Recharge Quick Actions are standard URLs you can send to your customers that perform specific actions on their subscriptions. You can build Quick Action URLs that allow customers to skip their next shipments, reactivate subscriptions, or even add one-time products to their upcoming orders.
Quick Actions work seamlessly with Recharge's Klaviyo V2 integration, giving you full control over your customer notifications.
This guide explains how you can use Quick Action URLs to automate processes for your customers, steps for using the Quick Actions URL builder, and an overview of additional customization options.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Your Recharge product’s variant ID is needed to create a Quick Actions URL.
- If Quick Action URLS are used on multi-currency addresses, product prices will be calculated based on automatically converted rates.
- Limitations to consider:
- Quick Action URLs do not work with BigCommerce or custom headless stores.
- Quick Action URLs can be used with prepaid subscription products to update the next charge date, not the shipment date.
How Quick Actions work
Recharge Quick Actions are standard URLs that can be included in your Klaviyo V2 flows and campaigns, allowing customers to perform a variety of actions. Quick Actions simplifies the steps that a customer needs to take to interact with their subscriptions.
When a customer clicks on the Quick Actions link, they're taken to a passcode verification page as an extra security measure. Once the customer verifies their identity, they can perform the action included in the notification, all without logging into their customer portal.
Recharge Quick Actions are used with the Klaviyo V2 integration, as Klaviyo allows you to send one Quick Action URL to multiple customers at the same time using variables.
You can include Quick Action URLs in both your Klaviyo flows and campaigns. Refer to Setting up Quick Actions in Klaviyo for more information.
Customers can perform the following actions through Quick Action URLs:
- View the customer portal
- Ship next order now
- Skip next order
- Delay next order
- Add a one-time product to the next order
- Swap current subscription
- Apply discount to next order
- Reactivate canceled subscription
- Reactivate canceled subscription and apply discount code
- Reactivate canceled subscription and add one-time product
- Add one-time product to the next order and apply a discount
You can include any Quick Action in a Klaviyo flow. There are a few exceptions as to which actions can be included in campaigns. See Quick Actions URLs for more information.
Manual Quick Action URLs
While not supported, you may wish to build custom Quick Action URLs. These URLs can be included in emails to specific customers, or in tandem with an unsupported application. Review our article Creating Recharge Quick Action URLs manually for more information.
Enable Recharge Quick Actions
Recharge Quick Actions are automatically enabled once you install the Klaviyo V2 integration.
Optional - Configure settings to enable Klaviyo flows
There are a few additional steps required when enabling Klaviyo flows. Use the following setup instructions to ensure your flows are configured correctly:
- In your Klaviyo dashboard, enable Started Checkout Event Syncing in Recharge.
- Contact Klaviyo's support team to have your flows set up as Transactional. This is an action Klaviyo Support needs to review manually. This ensures customers receive order notifications even if they've unsubscribed from your email list.
- Cancel a subscription for a test customer in Recharge to trigger the “Subscription cancelled on ReCharge” metric.
- Confirm the Klaviyo integration is enabled. In Klaviyo, select Metrics from the Analytics tab and then select API. Confirm the “Subscription cancelled on ReCharge metric” is present.
Create a Quick Action URL using the URL Builder
Use the Quick Actions URL Builder to auto-generate the correct Quick Actions URL for your Klaviyo flows or campaigns.
There are some preliminary setup instructions and limitations for specific Quick Actions. We recommend reviewing the documentation related to the specific Quick Action you are creating before using the builder to confirm if any additional steps are required.
- From the Recharge merchant portal, click Storefront and select Quick Actions to open the Quick Actions URL Builder.
- In the What would you like to do? drop-down, select a Quick Action.
- In the following drop-down, select a trigger.
- The Quick Action URL auto-populates in the textbox. Select Copy link to add the Quick Action URL to your clipboard.
Depending on the Quick Action you create, you may need to make additional adjustments to the Quick Actions URL before inserting it into your Klaviyo notification. Any text in < brackets > must be replaced:
- If you are using a Quick Action to swap a product or add a product, replace the VARIANTID field with the variant ID from your store.
- If you are including a discount code in your Quick Action, replace the DISCOUNTCODE field with the desired discount code.
Add the URL to your Klaviyo flow or campaign once finished.
Replace old Quick Action links
You should create new Quick Actions URLs using the URL Builder, and update any existing Klaviyo notification with the new URLs. This confirms that the links are up-to-date, ensuring stability and performance for your customers.
Quick Actions authentication
When a customer clicks on a Quick Actions URL, they must be authenticated as the account owner. Recharge authenticates the user by sending a 6-digit passcode to the customer before the action is processed. The 6-digit passcode contains an authentication token that is valid for 10 minutes.
International customers receive their 6-digit passcode via email, regardless of their location. Customers located in the United States or Canada have the option of receiving their passcode via SMS. Recharge uses the billing and shipping address to determine the customer's location and if the SMS option should be displayed.
Recharge processes the Quick Action once the customer enters the correct passcode. See the image below for a visual representation of the customer flow, from receiving the notification to completing the Quick Action:
Customize the Quick Actions authentication page
You can customize the authentication page messaging and appearance to match the voice and brand of your store.
Update the text on the Quick Actions authentication page
- From the merchant portal, click Storefront and select Translations.
- Select the Quick Actions tab.
- Update the translations listed in the Verification Prompts tab.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Customize the look of the Quick Actions authentication page
You must use CSS to update the styling of the authentication page. Note that this will require custom coding and is not supported by Recharge per our design policy.
- From the merchant portal, click Storefront and select Customer portal.
- In the Customize styles section, enter your custom CSS code.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
The customer experience after interacting with a Quick Action
The page displayed to your customer after interacting with a Quick Action URL changes depending on the Quick Action used. Refer to the following chart to determine where customers are routed after completing a successful action.
Quick Action type
The customer is directed to
|View the customer portal||The customer portal|
|Ship next order now||A page containing details about the next order|
|Skip next order||The delivery schedule page for the next order|
|Delay next order||The delivery schedule page for the next order|
|Add a one-time product to the next order||The delivery schedule page for the next order|
|Swap current subscription||The specific subscription where the product was swapped|
|Apply discount to next order||The specific subscription the discount was applied to|
|Reactivate canceled subscription||The specific subscription the action reactivated|
|Reactivate canceled subscription and apply discount code||The specific subscription the action reactivated|
|Reactivate canceled subscription and add one-time product||The Upcoming Orders page|
Add one-time product to the next order and apply a discount
|The delivery schedule page for the next order|
Visit Recharge Quick Actions FAQ for common issues and troubleshooting steps.
Support and feedback
Contact Recharge support with any questions or feedback about Quick Actions.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us