ReCharge has launched a new, deeper integration with Rise.ai, allowing subscribers to use Rise.ai gift cards as payment in our ReCharge Checkout. This advanced feature requires our standard Rise.ai integration to be activated first as a pre-requisite.
Status and eligibility
The Rise.ai Gift Cards Solution integration is going into BETA and will be available to all merchants who already use the Rise.ai integration.
To get started with the beta, fill out our Beta request form now. We’ll make the Rise.ai gift card integration available for you as soon as possible.
Once the feature is activated, we’ll follow up with any final steps to finish configuring the integration.
Overview of functionality
With Rise.ai you can now sell gift cards on your storefront that will work with the ReCharge checkout. Rise.ai allows you to create multiple gift cards with different values that are then available as products in your store.
When purchasing the gift card, the buyer is asked to enter the recipient’s email address, and the recipient will be emailed their gift card code.
The recipient can then use the gift card code at ReCharge checkout as payment towards their purchase.
- If the gift card value is less than the total order amount, the checkout will display the remaining amount due to be charged to the additional credit card entered.
Note: Subscribers will always be required to input their credit card information at the checkout, even if the gift card covers the full balance. Their credit card information will be used to process recurring charges.
Feedback and support
If you run into any issues about gift card codes or have questions about the functionality, contact Rise.ai and their support team will assist.
Rise.ai also has additional information about gift cards available.
- You must have an existing Rise.ai account connected to your store, and the Rise: Gift Cards & Loyalty app installed to process gift cards through the checkout.
- Customers can only use a single gift card as a form of payment for each checkout order.
- Each checkout can take payment from only a single gift card.
- Currently, gift cards cannot be applied as a form of payment for recurring charges.
- Gift cards can be used as a form of payment for prepaid purchases.
- Rise.ai gift cards can only be used as payment in the ReCharge Checkout.
Where can I track gift card usage?
You can track gift card status, view reporting, and run analytics all through Rise.ai.
Can subscribers choose to only use part of a gift card?
No. Subscribers cannot elect to use a specified gift card amount less than the available balance. If the available balance is greater than the total order amount, the gift card will retain the difference for future purchases.
What if a credit card charge fails in a transaction with both a gift card and a credit card?
If a subscriber uses a gift card with an available amount less than the total amount due, and the credit card charge fails, the total gift card value used will be immediately refunded back to the gift card and the order canceled.
When is the gift card amount deducted during checkout?
Gift card values will be decremented when the subscriber completes the purchase, not when they initially enter the gift card code.
If the available amount on the gift card changes between initial code entry and final purchase, for example, the subscriber used the gift card on another cart, the checkout will respond with an error.