Managing your customers
When customers make a subscription purchase, a customer account is created to help efficiently manage subscriptions. Customers can manage their subscriptions through the customer portal, however, they may contact you to make changes to their account instead.
This guide explains how to access the merchant portal for a specific customer, and the different ways you can manage customers in Recharge.
Access the merchant portal
Access the merchant portal in Recharge
- Select the Customers tab in your merchant portal.
- Use the Search bar to search for a specific customer. You can search using the customer's name or email address.
- Select the customer's name to access their account in Recharge.
Access the merchant portal through Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
We've made navigating between Shopify and Recharge easier with the Manage Subscriptions Quick Link, which allows you to access the merchant portal directly from Shopify.
- Select the More actions button when managing customers in Shopify.
- Select Manage subscriptions to automatically open the Merchant Portal for a specific customer in Recharge.
Manage your customers
Manage and update your customers through the merchant portal:
- Add a customer manually:
- Merchants using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify or BigCommerce can manually add a customer to Recharge and create a subscription for them on their behalf.
- Merchants using the Shopify Checkout Integration can add new customers through Shopify but will not be able to manually assign subscriptions to new customers, as all new customers must go through the checkout, as per Shopify.
- Bulk edit subscriptions: Make changes to multiple products in a subscription at once with the bulk edit function.
- Cancel or delete a subscription: Cancel or delete existing customer's subscriptions in the Merchant Portal.
- Delete a customer: You can delete a customer to completely remove any customer information from your business.
- Edit customer information: You can edit a customer's shipping information, or update both the billing address and credit card information on file.
- Manage existing subscriptions: Access the Subscription details page through the merchant portal to view charge information or make changes to existing subscriptions, like editing the product price or shipping frequency.
- Merge address profiles: At this time it’s not possible to merge customer accounts on Recharge. It is recommended to add products to the intended customer profile and delete the old profile.
- View subscription events: Use the Event History in the merchant portal to determine when changes were made to the subscription or account, as well as who made the changes.
Access the customer portal
Save time by empowering your customers to manage their subscriptions on their own.
Customers can log in to their customer portal and make many of the above changes on their own, depending on the permissions you have set.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us