When customers make a purchase through the ReCharge checkout, a customer account is created to make managing subscriptions easy. Customers can manage their subscriptions through the Customer Portal, however, they may contact you to make changes to their account instead.
This guide explains how to access the Merchant Portal for a specific customer, and the different ways you can manage customers in ReCharge.
Accessing the Merchant Portal
Access the Merchant Portal in ReCharge
- Select the Customers tab once logged into the ReCharge Dashboard.
- Use the Search bar to search for a specific customer. You can search using the customer's name or email address.
- Select the customer's name to open the Merchant Portal.
Access the Merchant Portal through Shopify
We've made navigating between Shopify and ReCharge easier with our new Manage Subscriptions Quick Link, which allows you to access the Merchant Portal directly from Shopify.
- Select the More actions button when managing customers in Shopify
- Select Manage subscriptions to automatically open the Merchant Portal for a specific customer in ReCharge.
Managing your customers
You can manage and update your customers through the Merchant Portal:
- Add a customer manually: You can manually add a customer to ReCharge and create a subscription for them on their behalf.
- Edit customer information: You can edit a customer's information, like their name or shipping address, within the Merchant Portal or update both the billing address and credit card information on file.
- Bulk edit subscriptions: Make changes to multiple products in a subscription at once with the bulk edit function.
- Manage existing subscriptions: Access the Subscription details page through the Merchant Portal to view charge information or make changes to existing subscriptions, like editing the product price or shipping frequency.
- Cancel or delete a subscription: Cancel or delete existing customer's subscriptions in the Merchant Portal.
- View subscription events: Use the Event History in the Merchant Portal to determine when changes were made to the subscription or account, as well as who made the changes.
- Delete a customer: You can delete a customer to completely remove any customer information from your business.
Access the Customer Portal
Save time by empowering your customers to manage their subscriptions on their own.