Recharge currently offers the option to connect Authorize.net, Stripe, or Braintree as a payment gateway to process subscription payments. Depending on your business, you may start with Authorize.net and decide to switch to either Stripe or Braintree.
This guide describes the steps you will need to take to transfer from Authorize.net to a new payment processor.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Refer to Enable a Payment Processor if you use the Shopify Checkout Integration.
Before you start
- The transfer time may be between 7 - 14 business days depending on the new payment processor. Once the transfer is initiated, you will not be able to process or refund any charges for existing customers until the transfer is complete.
- It is recommended to move the charge date until after the transfer is completed if you have any charges scheduled during the transfer period. The Recharge support team can assist make these changes through a bulk update if you have over 50 charges that need to be updated.
Step 1 - Contact the Recharge support team
Contact the Recharge support team with the following information to begin the transfer from Authorize.net to a new payment gateway:
- The payment credentials for your new payment processor.
- A list of Recharge customers and their Customer IDs that should be transferred to the new payment processor.
Step 2 - Contact Authorize.net
Contact the Authorize.net support team to have them begin the transfer process once Recharge has confirmed the Authorize.net connection has been removed from your store.
The Authorize.net support team must confirm that they have completed their portion of the transfer process before you can move on to Step 3.
Step 3 - Contact your new gateway
Step 4 - Update the Payment ID for existing customers in Recharge
Provide the Recharge support team the following information to update the Payment ID for your existing subscription customers:
- Open the Customers Export file you sent to our Support team to initiate the transfer process.
- Add a new column to the Customers Export called NEW Payment ID.
- Input your customers' new Stripe or Braintree IDs into this column.
- Send the CSV file back to the Recharge support team.
A member of the Recharge support team will confirm the completion of the transfer process once the Payment IDs are updated for your existing customers.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us