Recharge currently offers the option to connect Authorize.net, Stripe or Braintree as a payment gateway to process subscription payments. Depending on your business, you may start with Authorize.net and decide to switch to either Stripe or Braintree.
This guide describes the steps you will need to take to transfer from Authorize.net to a new payment processor.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Before you start
- The article is applicable to merchants using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify or BigCommerce. If you are using the Shopify Checkout Integration to process subscription payments, you will need to configure your Shopify Payments account.
- Depending on your new payment processor, the transfer time may be between 7 - 14 business days. Once the transfer is initiated, you will not be able to process or refund any charges for existing customers until the transfer is complete.
- If you have any charges scheduled during the transfer period, we recommend moving the charge date until after the transfer is completed. If you have over 50 charges that need to be updated, our team can assist you through a bulk update.
Step 1 - Contact our support team
In order to begin transferring from Authorize.net to a new payment gateway, you will need to reach out to our support team with the following information:
- The payment credentials for your new payment processor. If you’re using Stripe we’ll need the Secret Key and Publishable Key. If you’re using Braintree we’ll need the Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key.
- A list of Recharge customers and their Customer IDs that should be transferred to the new payment processor. You can export a copy of the Customers Export (wrench icon > Exports), filter out any customers who should not be transferred to the new gateway, and send it back to our team.
Once our team has that information, we can begin the process of removing the Authorize.net connection from your store.
Step 2 - Contact Authorize.net
Our team will be in touch once we have removed the Authorize.net connection and the new payment processor has been connected.
You will then need to contact Authorize.net to have their team begin the transfer process on their end.
Step 3 - Contact your new gateway
Step 4 - Provide our team with the new payment credentials
The last step in the transfer process is to have our team update your customer's credentials in our database. To do this, you will first need to provide our team with a list of your customers, and the corresponding Customer ID from Stripe or Braintree:
- Open the Customers Export file you sent to our Support team to initiate the transfer process.
- Add a new column to the end of the CSV file called NEW Payment ID.
- Add the customer's new Stripe or Braintree ID into this new column.
- Once complete, send the CSV file back to our support team.
Once we have the updated Customer Exports CSV file, we can complete the transfer process on our end.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us