Recharge is excited to announce the release of our Shopify Checkout Integration! Shopify merchants are able to use Recharge for customer and subscription management while providing a unified checkout experience for their customers.
Eligibility limitations and requirements
Recharge Checkout on Shopify
You may use Shopify Payments, PayPal Express, or Authorize.net to begin offering subscriptions through this new integration. Note that Shopify Payments does not support some business types, such as CBD or pseudo pharmaceuticals. For more information, visit Shopify's Legal page.
Please be aware that as this is a new feature, there are additional Shopify limitations:
- Accelerated payment options and wallets - Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay, and other forms of accelerated payments or wallets are not available as forms of payment for subscriptions at this time.
- In-person delivery zones - Pick up in-store and local delivery are not available at launch.
Many of our existing features are already available through the Shopify Checkout Integration:
- Storefront subscription widget
- Subscription-only and Subscribe & Save product options
- Prepaid gift subscriptions
- Customer portal themes
- Order management
- Customer management
- Recharge Workflows
|Feature||Description||Estimated release (2021)|
Recharge API allows stores to customize the subscription experience by building your own custom rules, customer portal, or recurring order flow.
(Recharge Pro only)
Available in beta for Shopify Checkout Integration merchants who have not migrated from the Recharge Checkout. For more information, visit Theme Engine.
Some features are not currently available with the Shopify Checkout integration as Shopify’s API doesn’t offer the functionality to us at this time.
- Alternate payment processors
- Local and pick-up delivery options
- Tax overrides
- Migrating from the Recharge Checkout to the Shopify Checkout integration
- Overrides on existing subscriptions, including SKU and product title
- Cart and note attributes on recurring orders
- Line item properties on recurring orders
- Estimated tax display on queued charges
For a detailed list of Shopify compatibility, visit Shopify feature compatibility.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us