With the Shopify Checkout Integration, Shopify merchants are able to use Recharge for customer and subscription management while providing a unified checkout experience for their customers through the Shopify checkout.
This guide outlines eligibility requirements and limitations for using the Shopify Checkout Integration, and the available features.
Eligibility limitations and requirements
- To view a full list of eligibility requirements from Shopify, visit Setting up subscriptions.
- Any Shopify store that is not currently using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify, can install the Shopify Checkout Integration through the Recharge app listing in Shopify. Shopify merchants that installed Recharge before November 2nd, 2020, have access to the Recharge Checkout on Shopify. See Identifying your store's Recharge checkout platform if you need to confirm which checkout platform your store is using.
Eligible subscription payment processors
- You may use Shopify Payments, PayPal Express, or Authorize.net to begin offering subscriptions through the Shopify Checkout Integration. Note that Shopify Payments does not support some business types, such as CBD or pseudo pharmaceuticals. For more information, visit Shopify's Legal page.
Additional Shopify limitations
- In-person delivery zones - Pick-up in-store and local delivery are not currently available on the Shopify Checkout Integration.
- Multi-currency - Shopify's multi-currency feature is not currently available on the Shopify Checkout Integration.
- Accelerated payment options and wallets - Apple Pay, Google Pay, and other forms of accelerated payments or wallets are currently unavailable for subscription purchases.
Many of Recharge's existing features are available on the Shopify Checkout Integration:
- Storefront subscription widget
- Subscription-only and subscribe & save product options
- Prepaid gift subscriptions
- Customer portal themes
- Order management
- Customer management
- Recharge Analytics
- Recharge Workflows
- Recharge API
- Recharge Theme Engine (for merchants on the Recharge Pro Plan). Theme Engine is available in open beta for Shopify Checkout Integration stores that have not converted from the Recharge Checkout. For more information and to opt-in to the beta, visit Recharge Theme Engine.
(Recharge Pro only)
Some features are not currently available on the Shopify Checkout Integration, as Shopify’s API doesn’t offer the functionality to us at this time.
- Alternate payment processors
- Local and pick-up delivery options
- Tax overrides
- Overrides on existing subscriptions, including SKU and product title
- Cart and note attributes on recurring orders
- Estimated tax display on queued charges
For a detailed list of Shopify compatibility, visit Feature compatibility with the Shopify Checkout Integration.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us