With the Shopify Checkout Integration, Shopify merchants are able to use Recharge for customer and subscription management while providing a unified checkout experience for their customers through the Shopify checkout.
This guide outlines eligibility requirements and limitations for using the Shopify Checkout Integration, and the available features.
Eligibility limitations and requirements
- To view a full list of eligibility requirements from Shopify, visit Setting up subscriptions.
- Any Shopify store that is not currently using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify, can install the Shopify Checkout Integration through the Recharge app listing in Shopify. Shopify merchants that installed Recharge before November 2nd, 2020, have access to the Recharge Checkout on Shopify. See Identifying your store's Recharge checkout platform if you need to confirm which checkout platform your store is using.
Eligible subscription payment processors
- You may use Shopify Payments, PayPal Express, or Authorize.net to begin offering subscriptions through the Shopify Checkout Integration. Note that Shopify Payments does not support some business types, such as CBD or pseudo pharmaceuticals. For more information, visit Shopify's Legal page.
Additional Shopify limitations
- In-person delivery zones - Pick-up in-store and local delivery are not currently available on the Shopify Checkout Integration.
- Multi-currency - Shopify’s multi-currency feature is partially supported by Recharge. There are ongoing efforts to develop and consolidate the multi-currency features offered by Recharge. For more information, please see our multi-currency documentation.
- Accelerated payment options and wallets - Accelerated payment methods Klarna, mollie iDEAL, and Sofort are currently unavailable for subscription purchases.
Many of Recharge's existing features are available on the Shopify Checkout Integration:
- Storefront subscription widget
- Subscription-only and subscribe & save product options
- Prepaid gift subscriptions
- Customer portal themes
- Order management
- Customer management
- Recharge Analytics
- Recharge Workflows
- Recharge API
- Recharge Theme Engine (for merchants on the Recharge Pro Plan using Theme Engine 4.0).
Some features are not currently available on the Shopify Checkout Integration, as Shopify’s API doesn’t offer complete functionality at this time.
- In-person delivery zones - Pick-up in-store and local delivery are not currently available.
- Tax overrides - While Shopify's tax overrides do not work with Recharge, you can set certain products and customers as tax-exempt to prevent charging taxes on an individual level.
- Overrides on existing subscriptions, including SKU and product title
- Estimated tax display on queued charges
For a detailed list of Shopify compatibility, visit Feature compatibility with the Shopify Checkout Integration.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us