ReCharge is excited to announce the early release version of our Shopify Checkout integration! Shopify merchants are able to use ReCharge for customer and subscription management while providing a unified checkout experience for their customers.
Eligibility limitations and requirements
You will need to use Shopify Payments to begin offering subscriptions through this new integration. Note that Shopify Payments does not support some business types, such as CBD or pseudo pharmaceuticals. For more information, visit Shopify's Legal page.
Please be aware that as this is a new feature, there are additional Shopify limitations:
- Accelerated payment options and wallets - Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay, and other forms of accelerated payments or wallets are not available as forms of payment for subscriptions at this time.
- In-person delivery zones - Pick up in-store and local delivery are not available at launch.
Early release acknowledgment
Participating in the early release version of the Shopify Checkout integration enables merchants to start selling subscriptions in Shopify while using ReCharge's robust order and customer management system.
ReCharge is actively working on adding features to the Shopify Checkout integration. This will ensure that the new integration has the same feature set available in the original Shopify version of the ReCharge app.
You agree and understand that the early release version of the Shopify Checkout integration is not a final version. There is no guarantee of any specific release dates of upcoming features or times.
The feedback merchants provide on quality and usability helps us quickly identify issues and provide new features. Your partnership helps us make the ReCharge platform even better. If you have additional feature suggestions or feedback, please reach out to ReCharge Support.
Many of our existing features are already available through the Shopify Checkout integration:
- Storefront subscription widget
- Subscription-only and Subscribe & Save product options
- Customer portal themes
- Order management
- Customer management
- Basic Analytics
|Prepaids||Prepaids offer customers the option of paying upfront for multiple orders.|
|Workflows||Workflows allow merchants to automatically change subscription details following the checkout order. For example, setting up a free trial option.|
|Additional product rules||
Product rule functionality such as cut-off dates, charging on a specific day/month, and expiration after a set number of charges.
ReCharge API allows stores to customize the subscription experience by building your own custom rules, customer portal, or recurring order flow.
(ReCharge Pro only)
(ReCharge Pro only)
Enhanced Analytics provide additional dashboards such as cohort retention, industry benchmarks, and media attribution dashboard.
Some features are not currently available with the Shopify Checkout integration as Shopify’s API doesn’t offer the functionality to us at this time.
- Alternate payment processors
- Local and pick-up delivery options
- Tax overrides
- Gift cards
- Migrating from the ReCharge Checkout to the Shopify Checkout integration
- Overrides on existing subscriptions, including SKU and product title
- Cart and note attributes on recurring orders
- Line item properties on recurring orders
- Estimated tax display on queued charges
For a detailed list of Shopify compatibility, visit Shopify feature compatibility.