You may need to reconcile payments and refunds with Stripe for accounting purposes. The Transaction_id is recorded in both Recharge and Stripe and can be used to link Recharge with your payment processor.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Reconcile Recharge charges with Stripe
Step 1 - Export your Recharge store data
- In the merchant portal, select Exports.
- Click Create export and select the Charges - Processed export from the drop-down.
- Select the date range for the time period you need and enter your email address to receive the export.
- Click Create export.
The Charges - Processed export contains all of the information you need including:
- Charge IDs
- Order IDs
- Transaction IDs
- Customer emails
You can also use the Recharge API to pull this data by using the charge endpoint. This has both metadata pieces for orders and transaction ids.
Step 2 - Access the Transaction ID in Stripe
Pull the Transaction IDs from Stripe for the same time period.
Step 3 - Compare data between Stripe and Recharge
Use the Transaction ID that you obtained from Stripe and match it to the Transaction ID on your Recharge Export.
Reconcile refunds with Stripe
Step 1 - Export your Recharge and Stripe data
- Export your Recharge store data. Run the Charges - Processed export for the time period your need.
- Pull the Transaction IDs from Stripe for the same time period.
Step 2 - Match the refund ID
Once you have the Transaction ID for a charge, you can use it to match the Refund ID with your payment processor.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us