This guide will take you through accessing the Thank You page, the page after a customer completes checkout, with additional scripts enabled. You may want to view the Thank You page to preview any custom coding before making your changes live or troubleshoot a customer email.
Copy the direct URL
In order to access the Thank You checkout page, you have to access a direct URL using the cart token. Getting the cart token requires running an export and accessing the JSON file.
- XXXXXX - the unique cart token
- YYYYYY - your store URL
Note the ?show_scripts=1 at the end to make sure your custom coding shows up.
Get the cart token
You can access the cart token by running an export to get the transaction charge ID, and using the charge ID to lookup the JSON file.
Export the Charge ID
- Open up ReCharge and go to Settings, Exports.
- Create export.
- In the dropdown Under Select export type, choose Charges - Processed.
- Make sure the Start date and End date encompass the customer order you want to view.
- Add your email to Export destination and click Create export.
- The export will be emailed out to you. The Charge ID will is in column A, make a note of the transaction you want to view. NOTE: The transaction must have a type of CHECKOUT in column I of the spreadsheet. Recurring charges will not work.
Locate the cart token
With the charge ID noted, you can access the JSON file for the transaction. Fill in your store URL, YYYYYY, and the charge ID, XXXXXX, in the following URL.
Search the JSON file for \“token\“:, the cart token will be next to the identifier, in between quotation marks.
If you run into any problems along the way, please reach out to ReCharge Support. We can help with getting access to your customer's cart token.