RechargeSMS (formerly ElectricSMS) is a text-based customer experience tool. It allows your customers to manage all aspects of their subscription currently via SMS. By leveraging the power of transactional text messages, you can increase retention and long-term value through subscription flexibility and loyalty.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- At this time, RechargeSMS is only compatible with phone numbers originating from the United States and Canada (with +1 country code). Compatibility with international numbers is estimated to be released in Q3 of 2022. This estimated timeline is subject to change. You can subscribe to the Recharge Changelog to be notified of feature releases.
- Due to US laws and legislation, RechargeSMS cannot support stores selling products containing cannabidiol (CBD).
- Improve customer satisfaction and mitigate the need for subscribers to have to log in to manage their subscriptions.
- Increase retention while radically decreasing customer service costs and time by automating text conversations.
- 13x more customer engagement via SMS over traditional emails.
- 10% Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) growth by preventing cancellations with built-in win-back strategies.
- Integrate with top support platforms like Gorgias and Zendesk.
See our blog post Introducing RechargeSMS for more exciting features and benefits.
Ready to get started? Review Installing RechargeSMS for step-by-step setup instructions.
Manage products, customers, and notifications in RechargeSMS
With the app installed, the next step is to configure settings, products, and customers to get the full functionality you're looking for. Review the following articles to update and manage your RechargeSMS settings:
Customer support integrations
RechargeSMS integrates with a number of Customer Support Helpdesk applications, enabling your team to track conversations and move support tickets over to email.
Integrate your Customer Support Helpdesk applications with RechargeSMS to provide customers with a seamless experience. RechargeSMS will alert your customers that you'll be following up with them via email if there are any issues with SMS, including unknown commands.
RechargeSMS then creates a ticket automatically in your Helpdesk app with the SMS message details. Your Customer Service team member can familiarize themselves with the situation, and provide a customized response to your customer via email.
A ticket is automatically created within your support integration for the following instances:
- A customer uses
- A customer sends at least one unrecognized message
- A customer's payment fails and at least one dunning notification is sent
- A customer tries to end their subscription and you have the end subscription setting disabled
Recharge also imports the last 50 customer interactions into the ticket so that your support agents have the additional context they need to assist your customers.
RechargeSMS works with the following support integrations:
- Gorgias - A Gorgias widget can be enabled through RechargeSMS that allows your CS agents to message customers back via SMS.
Enable a Customer Support integration
- Click the gear icon in RechargeSMS and select Features.
- Select Customer Service to choose your Helpdesk Center from the drop-down menu.
- Input your Helpdesk login details to enable the feature.
Contact the Recharge support team if you have any questions or require assistance.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us