RechargeSMS (formerly ElectricSMS) is a text-based customer experience tool. It allows your customers to manage all aspects of their subscription currently available through Recharge, simply via SMS. By leveraging the power of transactional text messages, you can increase retention and long-term value through subscription flexibility and loyalty.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- We are slowly rolling out RechargeSMS capabilities to all Shopify Checkout Integration merchants. Contact the Recharge support team to have this feature enabled.
- At this time, RechargeSMS is only compatible with phone numbers originating from the United States and Canada (with +1 country code). Compatibility with international numbers is estimated to be released in Q2 of 2022. This estimated timeline is subject to change. You can subscribe to the Recharge Changelog to be notified of feature releases.
- Improve customer satisfaction and mitigate the need for subscribers to have to log in to manage their subscriptions.
- Increase retention while radically decreasing customer service costs and time by automating text conversations.
- 13x more customer engagement via SMS over traditional emails.
- 10% MRR growth by preventing cancellations with built-in win-back strategies.
- Integrate with top support platforms like Gorgias and Zendesk.
See our blog post Introducing RechargeSMS for more exciting features and benefits.
Ready to get started? We have step-by-step instructions and a video walkthrough in the dedicated Installing RechargeSMS Help Center Guide.
Configure the app
With the app installed, the next step is to configure settings, products, and customers to get the full functionality you're looking for. Review the following articles to update and manage your RechargeSMS settings:
RechargeSMS opt-in widget
The RechargeSMS opt-in widget allows your customers to opt-in and receive SMS messages about their subscription orders all from a custom landing page. Customers can proactively opt-in to receive SMS updates outside of the checkout, making it easier for them to manage their subscriptions, ad helping you increase retention and Lifetime Value for your store.
The RechargeSMS widget is customizable, allowing you to match your store’s brand and voice.
Step 1 - Enable and customize the opt-in widget
- Select the Settings button from the RechargeSMS dashboard.
- Select Widgets from the top navigation bar.
- Use the different sections in the Widget Properties to make changes to the Widget.
- Preview the RechargeSMS preview section to see what the widget will look like when customers are interacting with it.
Step 2 - Add the opt-in widget code to your Shopify theme
- Once you have finished customizing the widget, select Generate Code.
- Select Copy to copy the Opt-in Widget code to your clipboard.
- Follow the steps provided to access your store’s Shopify Pages editor. Alternatively, you can select Online Store and click Pages from your Shopify Admin to create a new page.
- Select Add Page.
- Create a new page called "Subscription Management via Text."
<>to open the HTML editor.
- Paste the RechargeSMS widget code into the HTML editor.
- Press Save to create the new page.
Select More actions and click View page to preview the opt-in widget on your Online Store. You can modify the HTML or CSS code in the Page editor to improve the appearance of the widget.
Share the link to the opt-in widget with your customers through an email campaign, or use a pop-up app like Privy to announce the page to customers when they initially access your store.
Customer support integrations
RechargeSMS integrates with a number of Customer Support Helpdesk applications, enabling your team to track conversations and move support tickets over to email. RechargeSMS currently works with the following support integrations:
- Gorgias - A Gorgias widget can be enabled through RechargeSMS that allows your CS agents to message customers back via SMS.
A ticket is automatically created within your support integration for the following instances:
- A customer uses
- A customer sends at least one unrecognized message
- A customer's payment fails and at least one dunning notification is sent
- A customer tries to end their subscription and you have the end subscription setting disabled
We also import the last 50 customer interactions into the ticket so that your support agents have the additional context they need to assist your customers.
Enable a Customer Support integration
- Click the gear icon in RechargeSMS and select Features and then Customer Service, to choose your Helpdesk Center from the drop-down menu.
- Input your Helpdesk login details to enable the feature.
Watch a webinar
Watch a recording of a live webinar discussing everything you need to know to get the most of RechargeSMS.
Contact the Recharge support team if you have any questions or require assistance.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us