RechargeSMS allows you to offer transactional SMS messaging to your customers so that they can manage their subscription through SMS without ever having to log in to their customer portal.
RechargeSMS messages are customizable, ensuring that your brand's voice and tone are always at the center of every interaction.
This article explains the process of accessing and updating SMS messages sent through RechargeSMS.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- See Managing customers in RechargeSMS to learn more about how your customers are handled in RechargeSMS.
- Products must exist in RechargeSMS so that customers can interact with them via SMS. Refer to Managing products in RechargeSMS for setup instructions.
View and edit SMS message templates
Step 1 - Locate the SMS message
- Login to the RechargeSMS app.
- Select the Messages icon from the navigation menu.
- Select Messages to open a list of messages.
- Use the search bar to search for a specific message by the title of the message, or by the contents of the message.
Step 2 - Edit the SMS message
- Click the Edit icon listed under Actions to open the message.
- Update the Description text box to include a description of the message. This is only for your reference.
- Edit the SMS notification in the textbox. Use the available variables listed under Variables in your message to pre-fill your notifications with relevant customer information, like the customer's name or your store phone number.
- Press Update to save your changes.
Some messages have Actions your customers can take. These actions can be deleted, or reordered to make it easier to suggest particular actions to your customers. Take a look at the "Delay Order - Options" message for an example.
Duplicate an SMS message
Some SMS messages can be duplicated. You may wish to duplicate a message if you want to offer separate notifications depending on the product a customer has ordered.
For example, you may want to have different welcome messages for customers depending on what they have subscribed to.
- Find the SMS message you wish to update.
- Select the Duplicate icon from the list of available Actions.
This will immediately duplicate the message so you can customize the notification. Once a message is duplicated, you have the option of selecting the specific product that the message applies to.
Duplicated messages are saved under Custom Messages. You can edit or delete these messages at any time.
You can configure responses based on custom keywords to further automate the communication between your store and the customer. For example, you may want to respond with a standard "you’re welcome" text message every time a customer responds thank you.
- Select Messages from the RechargeSMS app.
- Select Custom Keywords.
- Click the + icon to add a new keyword.
- Add your custom keyword and your response.
- Press Save to add the custom keyword.
RechargeSMS does not recognize any abbreviations, such as LOL or TY. An Unknown Reply message is often sent as a response to these common phrases.
You can use the Simulator to preview the messages your customers will receive.
- Select the Dashboard icon in the RechargeSMS app.
- Click Simulator.
- Select the product that you wish to preview from the product drop-down menu.
- Select the action you wish to trigger from the trigger an action drop-down menu.
You can type directly into the bottom of the phone to test how your messages look and function.
If you have any questions or require assistance, reach out to Recharge Support.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us