ShipperHQ is a third-party integration that aggregates other third-party shipping rates for you. It's integrated with popular carriers such as UPS, USPS, and FedEx so that you can leverage your preferred provider and offer discounted shipping rates to your customers.
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
Before you start
To use ShipperHQ with Recharge, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have a ShipperHQ account.
- You must use our Advanced shipping feature with Recharge Zones, Rates, and Integrations as your shipping setup.
Recharge recommends you have a testing environment, and test the integration before making it live to your customers.
Enable Shipper HQ through Recharge:
- Navigate to the Apps tab from the merchant portal.
- Select Marketplace from the drop-down, locate ShipperHQ and click Get.
On the following screen, enter your ShipperHQ API key and select any applicable settings:
- Default - Recharge will send the default carrier codes as the shipping method. For example, ups GND.
- User Defined - Recharge will use the titles and names as entered in ShipperHQ, with non-letter or number characters removed. For example, UPS Ground
- Parent product shipping group (Shopify only) - Recharge can receive rates per variant in ShipperHQ. However, if you want Recharge to only retrieve rates on the product level, select this option. Note that settings in Shopify should match the settings in ShipperHQ.
Once installed and configured, Recharge can access the ShipperHQ rates through a Shipping Zone.
Shipping Group overrides
You can create an override to adjust the shipping group Recharge sends to ShipperHQ. This setting can be used for one-time or recurring products.
Contact Recharge support if you would like to enable this feature.
Can shipping group overrides be set on individual products?
No. Overrides can only be configured by product type (one-time and/or recurring products). If an override is configured for a product type, it will override the shipping group on all products with the applicable product type.
How do user-defined shipping groups work when combined with “Use parent product shipping group” on Shopify?
The “Use parent product shipping group” setting will be applied first, and then the user-defined shipping group will override any applicable products so the user-defined shipping group is used for applicable products when calculating shipping rates.
Customer Groups with BigCommerce
We support ShipperHQ’s Customer Group feature with BigCommerce. You can offer specific shipping rates that depend on the customer group a customer belongs to in ShipperHQ. For example, if you wanted to offer free shipping to customers that are in the military, then you could create a customer group called Military Customers and apply a free shipping rate.
How can I assign customers to a group?
I updated my customer group on BigCommerce, but the change isn’t appearing in Recharge. How do I update these customers?
Changes made to customer groups will be updated for new customers coming in through the checkout. Existing customers, however, will need to be manually updated to the new attribute. To update the customer:
- Edit the cart attribute by accessing the customer's Address/See Details page.
- If you have 50 or more customers to update , submit a cart attribute bulk update request.
If existing customers check out again they will be assigned the new group but their previous subscriptions would remain on the original group section until they are updated.
I manually created a customer on Recharge but the Group is not being assigned automatically. How can I resolve this?
By default, customers added manually to Recharge cannot be connected with their customer group by default. Customers must go through checkout to access the BigCommerce customer groups/ShipperHQ customer group rates. You can manually add the group by editing the attribute.
Recharge support is here to assist you with setting up the ShipperHQ integration.
ShipperHQ specific questions should be directed to ShipperHQ support.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us