This guide is part two of a three-part series. Just starting out? Refer to the first guide Getting started with the Shopify Checkout Integration. This guide outlines other steps we recommend to continue growing and enhancing your subscription business.
Inventory is set and managed in Shopify directly. However, you need to determine how Recharge interacts with your store’s inventory settings. Take a look at Handling product inventory for the Shopify Checkout Integration to learn more about inventory behavior settings and how you can adjust these in Recharge.
Offer discounts for your subscriptions
Discounts are one of the many ways to offer value to your customers and to increase customer loyalty. With Recharge, you can offer discount codes for both one-time purchases and recurring subscription orders. You must create discount codes in both Shopify and Recharge. Visit Creating discount codes to get started.
Additional discount code resources
- Want to reduce churn? Consider using discount codes as part of your cancellation and retention strategy.
- Recharge also performs bulk discount imports as a courtesy. Refer to Creating discount codes in bulk for more information.
Use Recharge Workflows to offer free trials and more
Your subscriptions can be further customized by using Recharge Workflows. If you want to learn how to offer free trials, discounts based on subscription length, and more, visit our Recharge Workflow guide.
If you’re still planning your strategy, you can also refer to Common use cases for Recharge Workflows to help you get started.
Customize Recharge to fit your design needs
Although Recharge integrates seamlessly into your Shopify store, you might want to further customize the look and feel. From translations to design, Recharge can be customized to suit your needs. For more information on how to modify the subscription experience for your customers, refer to the following articles:
- See Language translations to make adjustments to the language to fit the rest of your store.
- Customize the storefront customer portal to add your own custom styles.
- If you want to allow customers to add a subscription product to the cart from a page other than the product page, and you are working with a developer or feel comfortable with advanced code, refer to Adding an item to the cart with AJAX.
- See the Recharge design and integration policy to learn more about the customizations and integrations that Recharge cannot support.
The Recharge API is currently not supported for the Shopify Checkout Integration. However, we recognize that developers or merchants may need access to complete customizations or to integrate unsupported third-party apps. Refer to the guide Recharge API and the Shopify Checkout Integration to learn more about how you can access the API.
Add additional staff accounts
Will you have multiple team members working out of Recharge? No problem, you can add additional staff accounts with individual logins:
- Click the wrench icon in the Recharge admin and select Accounts.
- Click Add account to send email invitations to your team members.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us