Finding and exporting BigCommerce product and variant IDs
You may need to find and export your product IDs in BigCommerce when filling out a migration document or completing a bulk update to modify your products. This guide outlines how to find or export your product IDs in BigCommerce.
- BigCommerce Checkout Integration
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
Before you start
This guide applies to merchants using the Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce. If you’re using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify or the Shopify Checkout Integration, refer to Finding and exporting Shopify variant IDs.
Find your product ID
You can find the ID of a specific product by opening the product’s page:
- In your BigCommerce admin, click Products.
- Click on the Product Name.
- Once you’re on the product page, the product ID shows in the URL after
/products/. For example, in this URL:
https://mystore.mybigcommerce.com/manage/products/edit/115, the product ID is
Export your product IDs
Export your store data to locate multiple product IDs:
- In your BigCommerce admin, click Products and select Exports.
- Choose the Bulk Edit template to export all product IDs.
- Select Export to Microsoft Excel (CSV) as your file format.
- Click Continue.
- In the pop-up, click Export my Products to a CSV file:
- Review the Product ID column on the CSV file to access a list of product IDs.
Find your variant ID
BigCommerce variant IDs are needed when performing product-specific bulk updates. There are two methods for finding your BigCommerce variant IDs.
Method 1 - Use the merchant portal to locate a variant ID
Recharge stores a record of the BigCommerce variant ID in the merchant portal. Refer to the following steps to locate a variant ID:
- From the Recharge merchant portal, click Subscriptions and select any subscription that contains the product you are locating a variant ID. You can use any subscription from this list that contains that product because the product shares the same variant ID across all subscription orders.
- Scroll down the Subscription details page and locate the EXTERNAL VARIANT ID in the ID section.
Method 2 - Use the BigCommerce API to get variant IDs
You can also use BigCommerce's API to get product variant IDs. To use this method, see Get a Product Variant from BigCommerce's Dev Center.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us