Recharge's merchant portal features a new, intuitive navigation that lets you quickly access all the tools you use to manage subscriptions and is easy to view on any device. This article walks through the changes in the merchant portal and how to navigate the new user experience.
Navigate the merchant portal
The new navigation is a persistent left-oriented menu, with some items expanding to reveal further options in a dropdown menu. When you first log in to your Recharge store, you will land on Home and see your store's Order, Sales and Upcoming Sales stats.
At the top of the menu, you will find the main Recharge app features:
- Orders - Manage orders
- Customers - Manage customer accounts
- Subscriptions - A dashboard showing all active subscriptions for your store
- Products - Manage products tied to subscriptions
- Analytics - Gain insight into your store's revenue and customer behavior
Storefront and other settings
You will also find familiar settings you may only need to access from time to time within the new navigation.
Expand Storefront to view the areas you can personalize in your store:
- Checkout - Customize the look and feel of your store's checkout
- Customer Portal - Personalize the customer's subscription management experience
- Subscription Widget - Customize the subscription widget to match your brand
- Translations - Add alternate text to Recharge storefront UI or translate it to another language
- Theme Editor - Recharge Pro merchants have access to the Recharge Theme Engine, allowing you to customize the appearance of the customer portal.
- Quick Actions - Access the Recharge Quick Actions URL builder through the Storefront tab.
Manage and create customer discounts for your Recharge store by clicking Discounts. See Creating Discounts for more information.
Visit the Exports tab to access your store data and create reports on customer account information, purchase and order details, discounts, and more.
Expand the Apps tab to view the following:
- Installed - Apps installed on your store
- Marketplace - The app marketplace, where you can download and add third-party applications to expand store functionality
- API tokens - Generate and manage API tokens for your store. See Recharge API for information on how to generate an API token.
The Settings tab contains areas of the Recharge app that let you perform various administrative tasks in your store.
- Payment - Add and update payment processors for the store
- Store - View store information and the billing information Recharge has on file for your account
- Accounts - Create and manage store user accounts for employees
- Taxes - Add and update the tax collection method for your store, if applicable
- Shipping - Set up shipping rates for customer orders
- Notifications - View and edit customer notifications
- Legal - Update the terms and conditions that apply to the subscriptions you offer
Why can't I see certain sections of the merchant portal?
Access to certain sections of the merchant portal is determined by the user's permissions. See Enabling Recharge user and account permissions for more information.
Why doesn't my merchant portal have Taxes, Shipping or Checkout sections?
Stores on the Shopify Checkout Integration will not display these sections unless they have migrated customers.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us