Recharge's merchant portal features an updated user interface that lets you quickly access all the tools you use to manage subscriptions from both a desktop or mobile browser. This article provides an overview of the updates to the merchant portal and tips for using the user interface.
Navigate the merchant portal
The navigation menu is a persistent left-oriented menu, with some sections that expand to reveal further options in a dropdown menu. When you first log in to your Recharge store, you will land on the Home page and see your store stats and Announcement banners.
The following pages in the navigation menu provide access to Recharge's main features:
- Orders - Manage orders.
- Customers - Manage customer accounts.
- Subscriptions - A dashboard showing all subscriptions for your store.
- Products - Manage subscription products.
- Analytics - Gain insight into your store's revenue, customers, subscriptions, and industry benchmarks.
The resources menu provides a one-stop shop for all things new and upcoming from Recharge.
The resources menu includes:
- Get help - Directs you to the Recharge Help Center.
- Browse guides - Access the Merchant HQ for relevant features and instructions to grow your subscription business.
- Product updates - Will open a changelog displaying new product releases. The menu displays an alert badge when new product updates are available to view.
- Early Adopter Program - Access the Early Adopter Program portal offering you the opportunity to try new products and features at Recharge.
- Roadmap - See the Recharge product roadmap (Coming soon!).
Storefront and other settings
You will also find familiar settings in the navigation menu that allow you to control your storefront configuration, manage discounts, create exports, download apps, and access account settings.
Expand the Storefront tab to view the areas you can personalize in your store:
- Checkout - Customize the look and feel of your store's checkout.
- Customer Portal - Personalize the customer's subscription management experience.
- Subscription Widget - Customize the subscription widget to match your brand.
- Translations - Add alternate text to Recharge storefront UI or translate UI elements to another language.
- Theme Editor - Recharge Pro merchants have access to the Recharge Theme Engine, allowing them to customize the appearance of the customer portal.
- Quick Actions - Access the Recharge Quick Actions URL builder through the Storefront tab.
Manage and create customer discounts for your Recharge store by clicking Discounts. See Creating Discounts for more information.
Visit the Exports tab to access your store data and create reports on customer account information, purchase and order details, discounts, and more.
Expand the Apps tab to view the following:
- Installed - Apps installed on your store.
- Marketplace - The app marketplace, where you can download and add third-party applications to expand store functionality.
- API tokens - Generate and manage API tokens for your store. See Recharge API for information on how to generate an API token.
The Settings tab contains areas of the Recharge app that let you perform various administrative tasks in your store.
- Payment - Add and update payment processors for the store.
- Store - View store information and the billing information Recharge has on file for your account.
- Accounts - Create and manage store user accounts for employees.
- Taxes - Add and update the tax collection method for your store, if applicable.
- Shipping - Set up shipping rates for customer orders.
- Notifications - View and edit customer notifications.
- Legal - Update the terms and conditions that apply to the subscriptions you offer.
- Order processing - Configure how inventory is handled and what to include in orders at the time of order processing.
Why can't I see certain sections of the merchant portal?
Access to certain sections of the merchant portal is determined by the user's permissions. See Enabling Recharge user and account permissions for more information.
Why doesn't my merchant portal have the Taxes, Shipping, or Checkout sections?
Shopify Checkout Integration stores will not display these sections unless they have migrated customers.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us