This guide lists some common issues that may come up when working with the Recharge subscription widget and provides links to additional troubleshooting steps.
- Recharge Checkout on BigCommerce
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Set up subscription rules for your products to ensure the Recharge subscription widget is ready for publishing.
- Confirm which platform and widget you are using by identifying your store's Recharge checkout platform.
Widget not displaying
Shopify 2.0 Widget
If you are using the new Shopify 2.0 Widget, try the following steps to troubleshoot the widget:
- Ensure the widget is published in your subscription widget settings.
- Clear your cache. For more information, visit Refresh your cache.
- Update your browser to the latest version.
Contact Shopify support if the widget is published in Recharge, but is not visible on the Shopify storefront.
Contact the Recharge Support team if you have any issues or discrepancies with how the widget displays on your storefront.
All other widgets
Navigate to a product in Recharge and select the linked title to view the product page and preview the widget. Ensure the following snippet is appended to the end of your URL. It will look something like:
If the preview message box states Unpublished, try the following steps:
- In the merchant portal, navigate to Storefront and select Subscription Widget.
- Select Unpublish the subscription widget.
- Click Save.
- Wait five minutes and select Publish the subscription widget.
- Click Save.
If your subscription widget is showing and the preview says Published, you are set up correctly. If not, contact the Recharge support team.
‘Variant can only be purchased with a selling plan’ error
Note: This troubleshooting tip is applicable to merchants using the Shopify Checkout Integration.
This fix is to be used when the Shopify Checkout Integration JS subscription widget is Published but is not visible, and all other troubleshooting methods have been exhausted.
This error can occur when there are multiple product forms on a page and the subscription widget is not injected into the correct form. This can be fixed by injecting a line of code into the correct form.
Look for the product form in your Shopify Theme’s product template file (example:
main-product.liquid) and inject the following code snippet to render the widget:
<div class="rc-widget-injection-parent" style="display: initial;"></div>
This solution specifies the correct product form on the page, therefore resolving this error.
If the widget appears and the error persists, contact the Recharge support team for additional troubleshooting.
'%NaN' appears in the subscription widget
Note: This troubleshooting tip is applicable to merchants using the Recharge Checkout on Shopify.
This error occurs when a subscription product has been duplicated to create a one-time item or the product has not been re-synced after updating. If the item is a subscription item, re-sync your product.
If the item is a one-time product, you need to temporarily add it to Recharge, save the product, then remove it from Recharge. This will remove the subscription metafields that display the subscription widget.
Subscription widget displaying the wrong currency
This can occur when Shopify's store currency settings are not properly synced with Recharge. To fix this error, try the following steps:
- In the Shopify admin, click Settings and select Store details.
- Select Store currency and click Change formatting.
- Ensure the correct store currency is enabled and click Save to resync the currency settings. If Save is not clickable, re-enter the correct store currency to make the button clickable.
- Clear your cache.
- Navigate to a subscription product on your storefront and refresh the page to verify the correct currency is now displaying.
Why isn't my product page reflecting the new price after I updated the price in Shopify?
The subscription rule must be re-synced when updating the price of the product or variants.
Why is my subscription offering not working after I deleted the auto-renew product in Shopify?
Why is the subscription widget appearing on my one-time products?
Recharge uses metafields to determine which products should be offered on subscription. If you copy or duplicate a subscription product to create another product, it will also duplicate the associated metafields. This causes the subscription widget to appear on one-time products, even if they are not available in Recharge.
To fix this issue, temporarily add the one-time product to Recharge. Then, click the Actions drop-down next to the product and click Remove from Recharge.
Why is the 'Add to cart' button missing for a product I removed from Recharge?
If you notice that the add to cart button is missing for a product that was removed from Recharge, add the product back to Recharge and then remove the product. This will force a resync to ensure that the subscription metafields are removed from the product.
If the issue persists, please reach out to the Recharge support team.
Why are my frequency translations not visible on product pages after modifying the subscription widget?
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Can't find what you’re looking for? Try one of these other topics:
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us