Bundles allow you to use one SKU to bundle multiple products to create a "build-your-own-box" experience. You can customize the subscription settings to offer bundles as one-time products and/or subscriptions, and include add-ons or extras. You can create boxes with fixed items, or provide customers with the ability to customize their boxes.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
Bundles use cases
Bundles are compatible with Shopify stores only, for merchants that want to offer either a customizable “build-your-own-box” experience or a fixed bundle with pre-selected items. You also have the ability to offer add-ons or extras to the first delivery only, or for all subsequent deliveries.
Example use cases
- A meal plan box where a subscriber can select the meals they will receive each week while paying the same static price.
- A wine company with a wine club that offers a bundle of three, six, or nine wine bottles, providing a discount for purchasing several bottles at one time. This could be a fixed bundle, with pre-selected wines, or the merchant can give the customer the option to customize the bundle by selecting their preferred wine.
How Bundles works
When purchased, only the bundle product will appear in the cart. The selections in the bundle are not shown at cart level as individual products.
Once the order is processed, the order will display the selected items in the bundle as $0.00 items in the order breakdown on Shopify alongside the Bundles product with the charge for the bundle.
All Bundles orders are tagged with
Bundle. Orders using fallback contents are tagged with
Preset-Bundle for easy identification.
Bundles does have a few limitations to consider:
- Fixed-price - All bundles must have a fixed number of products and the price must be set up front. Bundles can also have multiple variants (box sizes) and specific box sizes and prices can be defined.
- Shipping - The shipping rate is based on the parent product, not the individual items selected. It is recommended to create a specific rate for the product that covers the cost of shipping regardless of the contents included.
- Fulfillment - Bundles orders are edited after they are placed using Shopify official APIs which are not compatible with some Order Management Systems and fulfillment processes.
- Multi-currency - Bundles is not compatible with multi-currency orders because Shopify does not allow order editing for orders placed in a non-local currency.
- Local delivery/pickup - Bundles is not compatible with local delivery/pickup orders because Shopify does not allow order editing for local delivery/pickup orders.
Visit Bundles FAQ for common questions related to bundles.
If you are having trouble with creating or using bundles, refer to Troubleshooting bundles.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us