Using an automatic reset allows merchants to offer bundles with rotating product selections. After each charge is processed, the customer selections are cleared and the customer must make new selections during a set customization window. If the customer does not make selections during the customization window, fallback contents are added to the bundle order when the next charge processes.
This guide provides details on configuring an automatic reset using fixed-price customizable bundles.
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Fixed-price bundles are available as an add-on to the Standard plan and included with the Recharge Pro plan. The Bundles SDK, API endpoints, and Dynamically-priced customizable bundles are only available on the Pro plan. You can enable Bundles with a 30-day free trial by going to Products then selecting Bundles in the merchant portal.
- Automatic reset is only compatible with fixed-price customizable bundles.
- After each renewal, automatic reset removes the customer's selections. If new selections are not made during the customization window, fallback contents are added to the order.
- In an automatic reset bundle, orders are tagged with
Preset-Bundleto identify present orders for visibility.
- Prepaid subscriptions are not compatible with automatic reset.
Configure automatic reset for fixed-price customizable bundles
Customer selections are used to reset the bundle contents, set a customization window, and set fallback contents.
To configure an automatic reset:
- Complete steps 1-3 by following Creating a fixed-price customizable bundle.
- On the Review your bundle page, locate Customer selections in the Additional settings section and click Edit.
- Select No, reset bundle selections.
- Optional - Select Within a specific number of days before their next order to create a customization window.
- Follow step 4 in Creating a fixed-price customizable bundle to configure fallback contents.
- Warning: If fallback contents are not added and a customer does not make selections, the box will not contain any products. For more information, see Fallback contents FAQ.
- Click Save changes.
- Complete step 6 in Creating a fixed-price customizable bundle to publish the bundle.
Using customization windows with automatic reset
A common use case for setting up an automatic reset is a meal box subscription with a rotating menu. With this type of subscription box, menu selections are regularly updated and customers can choose their meal selections. For example, a merchant may decide to publish a new menu for their meal box subscription every Wednesday and allow customers to select their meals no later than Saturday, with the box delivery scheduled for Monday.
This selection period is called a customization window. Customization windows allow you to set up a time frame where customers can modify their bundle before their next order.
By default, customers can update their bundle contents at any time before the order processes, but the customization window provides a specific timeframe where customers can update their bundle before renewal.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us