This guide provides resources for getting started on the Shopify Checkout Integration. This includes installing Recharge, navigating the in-app onboarding experience, setting your store's Shopify theme, and publishing your subscription widget.
- Shopify Checkout Integration
Before you start
- Before you install Recharge, set up a supported payment provider in the Shopify admin. For more details on setting up your payment provider in Shopify, see Shopify's Set up a payment method guide.
- Set up an Active product in Shopify to add as a subscription to Recharge during the in-app onboarding experience.
To install Recharge, visit the listing in Shopify's App Store.
- Click Add app and follow the installation instructions. Once installed, Recharge launches from your Shopify admin.
- Complete your store details and click Continue to begin the setup.
Getting started checklist
The getting started checklist will help guide you through installation and setup so you are prepared to launch your subscription business. You can bookmark this page to keep track of your progress or download the checklist to print a copy using the attachment at the bottom of this page.
CHECK BOX WHEN COMPLETED
|Read Getting started with Recharge|
|Set up payment processor in Shopify|
|Register for the Onboarding webinar|
|Complete the in-app onboarding experience|
|Add a product to Recharge|
|Check your store's theme compatibility|
|Publish the subscription widget|
|Configure shipping settings|
|Configure tax settings|
|Configured product collections and rules|
|Configure inventory settings|
|Configure customer portal settings|
|Manage staff accounts|
|Configure legal settings|
|Manage your customers|
|Manage your orders|
|Set up discounts|
|Preview the customer experience|
|Place a test order|
|Launch your store|
In-app onboarding experience
Now that you have installed Recharge, you are ready to navigate through the in-app onboarding experience.
Follow the steps in the in-app onboarding experience to set up Recharge. During the in-app onboarding experience, you will fill out your store details, add a product to Recharge, and install Recharge's subscription widget on your store's current theme.
Set your store theme
During the in-app onboarding experience, you installed the subscription widget on your store's current theme.
If you would like to change your store's theme, ensure that you use a theme that is compatible with Recharge.
For a list of compatible themes, see Supported Shopify themes.
Publish the subscription widget
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Recharge and completed the in-app onboarding experience. It is now time to publish your subscription widget.
- Click Publish to publish your subscription widget on your storefront.
- Click Preview your subscription widget to see how your subscription widget looks on your product pages.
You can leave the subscription widget published, or unpublish the widget until you are ready to launch.
Warning: If you choose to leave the subscription widget published and your storefront is not password protected, customers will be able to purchase subscription products.
Note: Looking for next steps? See Configuring store settings for more information.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?Contact us